16 January 2012

Granola Bark



This is my 200th post. I feel like I should celebrate in some way. (Especially since it took me 10 months to get to 100 posts but only five months to get to 200.)

So I made you a special treat.

I made you ... granola?

Yes, I know you're probably thinking "what was she thinking?" or some other r-rated language I won't repeat here. But trust me.

It's probably the simplest recipe ever. Granola and white candy melts. That's it.

It's sweet, crunchy, and healthy. Since it's got granola. Granola means it's healthy. I even used low-fat granola. Even healthier! I can eat as much of it as I want because it's actually good for me.


Don't get used to healthy. I've got some killers coming up. Get your healthy on while you can, then go put on your stretchy pants and come back tomorrow.

Oh, and because this bark has granola and it's all healthy and stuff, that means I can have it for breakfast.


Right?


Granola Bark

Ingredients:
1 package vanilla almond bark or white candy melts
3 ½ cups granola (or more if you’d like)

Directions:
Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt almond bark according to package directions and spread in an even layer on prepared cookie sheet. (And offset spatula helps get it even.) Sprinkle granola evenly over melted candy and chill to harden.  Break into pieces and serve.

Enjoy!



Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.
These are the fabulous parties I link to each week:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsCreative Monday (Clairejustineoxox), Mix it Up Monday (Flour Me With Love). Tuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training), Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life), Let's Do Brunch (My Sweet & Savory). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick CooksCast Party Wednesday (Lady Behind the Curtain), Famous Linkz Par-tay (Made-Famous-By), Bakes with Bizzy (Bizzy Bakes).  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents), Taking a Timeout Thursday (Mom on Timeout), Things I've Done Thursday (BearRabbitBear). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). Saturday: Country Mom CooksSweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Moms Crazy Cooking

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home