02 January 2012

Chocolate Fudge with Nutter Butter Crust


I don't make New Year's Resolutions. Do you?

{If you just said "cut sugar out of my diet," you may want to steer clear. Or just live vicariously through me.}

My husband thinks of January as a new start. He roars into the year with lists and motivational reminders to eat better, exercise better, be better.

For me, January means cold, rain, and less parking at the gym for us regulars because of all those people who made resolutions. Sure, I try to eat better, but come on. I write a dessert blog. My life is about sugar; using it, dreaming about it, and thinking up ways to torture you all with it.

I don't make resolutions, but this year I decided to make goals. A few simple, obtainable goals that I can accomplish on my own timeline, instead of something life-changing that I'll give up in a few weeks, much like those parking-space and treadmill hoarders in January (by February it's all back to normal, thank goodness).

Here are my four goals for 2012:

1. Run another 5k. (It's been awhile since I ran my first and only. I'm not a huge running fan, but I like how I feel when I actually do it.)

2. Swim. With my head under water. (I have ear issues and haven't gone under in over 10 years. Ear plugs work...but I can't use them when swimming alone with my kid. So I want to get over the fear of infection. And if I get one? Well, at least I tried.)

3. Climb the rock wall at the gym. (Preferably with my husband there to cheer me on and take photographic evidence, but during the day on a weekday at the less-used gym several miles away so no one I know will see me.)

4. Host another bake sale for charity, but bigger and better. Organized.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. If you're lucky you'll get to see me clinging to the side of a rock wall, terrified for my life because I'm 10 feet off the soft floor and fearful I'll plunge to my death.

Another goal I set for myself in a post last week? Adding crust to my favorite sweets.


Fudge can now be checked off that list.

Idea for crust on fudge? Comes from Family Bites.
But it won't be because ohmygod this fudge was so good I'm totally making it so many other flavors.


Thus ruining all of your resolutions to eat better.

Bwhahahahahahaha...

I live to serve.


Chocolate Fudge with Nutter Butter Crust
Fudge recipe from Eagle Brand

Ingredients:
20 Nutter Butter Cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
1.       Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and sprat with cooking spray. Finely crush the Nutter Butters in a food processor. Mix with melted butter in a small bowl and press into bottom of pan. Set aside.
2.       Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk over in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. While this is melting, melt peanut butter chips in the microwave (be careful not to burn them). When chocolate mixture is melted, remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and immediately pour and spread over crust. Immediately spoon melted peanut butter chips over fudge, swirling with a knife.
3.       Chill fudge until hardened. Cut into squares and serve.

Yield: approximately 36 pieces of fudge, depending on size





This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsCreative Monday (Clairejustineoxox). Tuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training), Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick CooksCast Party Wednesday (Lady Behind the Curtain).  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Moms Crazy Cooking

Labels: , ,