21 December 2011

Kiss My Cookie Bark {Peppermint Edition}


I am very spoiled.

Within a five minute drive from my house I have at least three grocery stores, three drugstores, a Target, a Walmart, and a Starbucks or six. But I'm still frustrated.

Because the closest Trader Joe's is at least 15 minutes away, plus more in bad traffic. It's just not fair. I want a Trader Joe's in my city and I want it to be less than five minutes from my house.

Because I love Trader Joe's. (Too much, it seems.)

Since it's so far away, I always stock up when I go there: chicken stock, salsa, dog treats. Peanut butter pretzels, almond butter, and salted caramel sauce.

And at Christmas?


Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. (I stock up on those Hershey's Kisses too...but not at TJ's. I get those at Target. And I buy LOTS OF THEM.)

So here I was, sitting in my living room, being lazy and eating Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. I ate two the first day, three the second, six the third. Then I realized I needed to get rid of them because otherwise I would eat the whole pack.

To stop myself from eating the cookies, I decided to make bark with them.

Because adding semi-sweet chocolate chips,


White chocolate chips,


and Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses to the cookies to avoid all those calories makes so much sense.


At least it makes perfect sense to me, anyway.


But we already know I'm not normal when it comes to food. Or grocery store requirements.

At least making it into bark makes it give-able. Because I can't very well package up some Joe-Joe's without dressing them up first.


The unfortunate thing is that now I need to go back to Trader Joe's. To get more of these cookies, because now I'm out. And to get some regular ones, because I need to make more versions of this bark.

Enjoy!


{Note: There is a print link embedded in the footer of the post. Please visit the post to print.}

Kiss My Cookie Bark {Peppermint Edition}

Ingredients:
20 Peppermint Joe-Joe Cookies (from Trader Joes; or you could use regular Oreos)
30 Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
1 package (about 12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package (about 12 ounces) white chocolate chips

Directions:
1.       Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Unwrap your Kisses and coarsely chop them. Coarsely chop your cookies.
2.       Melt semi-sweet chips and spread on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle chopped cookies on top and press down with your hands. (Lick hands to clean.)
3.       Melt white chocolate and spread on top of cookies. Sprinkle with chopped Kisses and press down with your hands. (Lick again to clean.)
4.       Chill until hardened. Break apart and enjoy!

{Recipe by CrazyforCrust}


This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Moms Crazy Cooking


Labels: , ,