11 January 2012

Peanut Butter Toffee Bars



You know what song I'm really into right now?

"Sexy and I Know" it by LMFAO. It's so wrong it's right, know what I mean?

Whenever I hear it I want to do one of two things: dance or drive fast.

Especially when he gets to the part "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle..."

When he says that, I usually do.

Know who else really likes that song?

Jordan.

Yes, I know. Just stamp "mother of the year" on my forehead. But I have an excuse as to why she listens to pop stations in the car with me.

For one, I don't have a fancy-shmancy radio in my car that plays "Tween Toons" or "From the Playground." Just the old fashioned kind, the one you tune to regular radio stations.

Also, if I had to listen to Disney and KidzBop music constantly while driving, my head might explode. That wouldn't be good for anyone, least of all for my passengers.

But don't worry. I made sure she knew that it was only a song we sing at home, in the house, without other people.

Of course, I didn't think to mention that until after she treated everyone in Joann's Fabrics to her at the top-of-her-lungs rendition of "I'm sexy and I know it...yeah....I'm sexy and I know it..."  Complete with hip wiggle.

Yes, yes, I know. Mother of the year times two.

But can I be put back in your good-graces by giving your peanut buttery chocolaty toffee bites of goodness?


Peanut butter cookie crust, melted chocolate chips and toffee chips. All in one bite. Eating a bunch of these will make me sexy.

And I know it.


Peanut Butter Toffee Bars
Recipe from Family Fun Magazine

Ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup peanut butter
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup quick oats
¼ teaspoon salt
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits (baking pieces)

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13” baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2.       Beat butter, sugar, peanut butter, and egg yolk on medium-high speed in an electric mixer until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour, oats, and salt and beat on low until just combined.
3.       Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes until the top is golden. (Be careful not to over bake!)
4.       Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the chocolate chips evenly over crust. Place pan back in oven for 1 minute. Remove the pan and spread the melting chocolate chips evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle the toffee bits evenly over the top and gently press them into place.
5.       Set on a rack to cool until the chocolate has hardened, at least 2 hours. Remove from pan using foil. Cut into squares while room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for maximum freshness. (Bars can also be frozen for later use.)

Yield: about 30 bars, depending on size.

{Note: there is a printer-friendly link in the footer of the post.}



This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsCreative Monday (Clairejustineoxox), Mix it Up Monday (Flour Me With Love). Tuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training), Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick CooksCast Party Wednesday (Lady Behind the Curtain).  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents), Taking a Timeout Thursday (Mom on Timeout), Thriving on Thursdays (Domesblissity). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Moms Crazy Cooking


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home