02 June 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Brownies

So, today is my daughter's last day of Kindergarten. I know, you're probably tired of hearing about it. I wrote about it last week, when I posted my Word Card Cookies. I wrote about it on my other blog. But I'm not done yet.


I'm sad. I'm sad my baby is growing up. I already see her becoming a kid instead of my sweet little baby. Soon she's going to not want me to walk her to class. She's going to start having sleepovers. She won't want me anymore. See what this whole "end of Kindergarten" thing is doing to me?


Which is why a plate of these would be wonderful right now.




I mean, the sadness of it all combined with the rain we are having here in Northern California (RAIN. On June 1st.) is making me crave comfort food like mad. Wouldn't a plate of these awesome chocolatey brownies topped with oh-so-comforting oatmeal cookies just fit the bill?


They sure would.


If I had any.


You see, I don't post exactly what I'm baking this week. I made these brownies about a month ago. They are looooong gone. Sad for me. But now you have the recipe, so good for you.




They are chocolatey. Soft. Cruchy. All at the same time. A good combination to replace the sad one I have now. These brownies are awesome.


So go make some. And then bring me some, please. Along with some tissues. I think I'll need them around 11:10 this morning, when I pick up Jordan. Thank you.


Enjoy!


Oatmeal Cookie Brownies
Printer-Friendly Recipe



Ingredients:
1 family size box (approximately 19.5 ounces) fudgy brownie mix
Eggs, water, and oil called for on the back of the box
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups quick cooking oats

Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2.    Mix brownies according to the directions on the box. Spread in pan.
3.    Add flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
4.    In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
5.    Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Beat until just combined. Add the oats and beat until combined.
6.    Using your hands, spread little pieces of the oatmeal mixture all over the tops of the brownies. Spread lightly with your fingers, careful not to mix the two batters.
7.    Bake 25-30 minutes until cookie top is golden brown and the brownie that is peaking through no longer looks wet. Cool completely before slicing into bars.

Yield: approximately 24 bars

Source: oatmeal cookie recipe from Quaker


This recipe is linked with:







Button

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Chef in Training said...

YUM! Wow this looks incredible! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

 
At June 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

yup. i am going to make these right now.

here is the problem: you never post anything that requires a grocery store trip. stop posting things i can make from my pantry! AHH!

haha =) i love the torture

 
At June 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Kim McCallie said...

Oh, these look like the best of two worlds: brownies and oatmeal cookies. Wow! I like these a lot. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

 
At June 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been loving reading your blog! Come by my blog to get your award!
http://faithanddaisies.blogspot.com

 
At June 5, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

How did I miss this one? I will be making these! :)

 
At June 6, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Shannon
Ha! I hope you like them!
Dorothy :)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh wow, two treats in one.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

I've made these-- thanks to you! :) They are AWESOME!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts
I'm so glad you liked them! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home