23 May 2011

Cake Batter Crispy Treats

I think I'm on a Crispy Treat Kick. What do you think? Like I said before, I like Crispy Treats.  But I like them more when they are "kicked up a notch" as Emeril would say.

So when I saw this post by Jessica at How Sweet It Is, I knew I had to try them. After making the Cake Batter Ice Cream, I have an open box of cake mix with nowhere to go. I mean, it's not like I can make the cake with it now, since I didn't take the time to measure each cupful of mix before I started (I wouldn't know how much to cut down on the eggs, water, and oil). So this gives me the excuse to make a lot more Cake Batter recipes. You really should check out Jessica's blog. She even made Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls. Need I say more?


Delightfully crunchy and chewy at the same time, as all good crispy treats are. But with a hint of cake batter. And sprinkles. Isn't everything better with sprinkles? (Even my daughter is on that bandwagon. I had the nerve to serve her plain vanilla yogurt yesterday. *Gasp* She complained it didn't taste good without the sprinkles. I would have been annoyed had she not been totally right.)


When I was at the store buying Crispy Rice cereal, it was on sale so I bought two boxes. (I don't always buy brand name. Have you seen the price of cereal lately?) Then, when I got home I realized I already had bought a box elsewhere. So I have three unused boxes of crispy rice cereal in my cabinet. Hence the last three posts. And I've got a great idea for another flavored crispy treat I want to try. Stay tuned!

(This is what happens when your pantry is deep enough to hold 2 1/2 boxes of cereal. You forget what you've bought. It's why I can't do extreme couponing; I don't have enough neurosis organizational skill to reorganize my pantry every time I shop. Side note: have you seen that show? Crazy.)

Happy Monday! I hope you've added some sweetness to your day. I sure have (and it's only 10am. Hence my gym addiction).

Cake Batter Crispy Treats


Ingredients:

3 tablespoons butter

1 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows

¼ cup yellow cake mix (the powder, not the actual batter)

6 cups rice cereal

¼ cup sprinkles



Directions:

1.    Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they begin to melt. Stir in the cake mix one spoonful at a time until it is combined. Add the cereal and stir until completely mixed with marshmallow mixture. Add your sprinkles and stir until combined.

2.    Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Pour the cereal mixture into your pan and press flat. I like to spray my hands with cooking spray to do the pressing. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had this recipe bookmarked to make since I saw it on How Sweet It is! I have to give it a try now...yummy!! :D

 
At May 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@sweetpeaskitchen.com
Do it now, you won't be sorry. :) Thanks for reading!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Sweet And Crumby said...

Um...YES...this is fantastic! Love Krispy treats and have never tried to make a "cake batter" version. The girls coming over for my daughter's end of school party will LOVE THESE! :)

 
At May 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@sweetpeaskitchen.com
Oh I'm sure they will. Have a great party!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home