20 May 2011

Cruchy Sweet Snacktime

So I haven't posted as much as I'd hoped this week. Time got away from me. My daughter had a special school schedule twice this week and I got nothing done. Please forgive me.

Today I got home from helping in her class and after doing all the things I had to do (i.e. the overflowing dishes) I had a half hour left free. I had no energy to write. Or edit photos. Or read email. I sat on the couch and watched the Real Housewives of New York read War and Peace.

I was hungry. I wanted something crunchy. Something sweet. We have no (good) sugar cereal in the pantry. No chips. So I got inventive. And what I created was so darn good I wanted to share it with you.

Yes, I take photos of my snacks. Doesn't everyone?


First, add a handful of chocolate chips and a spoonful of peanut butter to a bowl.


Melt in the microwave and stir.


Add some crispy rice cereal and stir.


Eat it warm. Oh. My. God. It is so good.

In fact, I'm feeling hungry again. Excuse me, I gotta go.

Happy Friday!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

Right up my alley....my taste buds are salivating at the moment. What a simple and grand idea. Thanks for sharing that thought....can't wait to try it. Simply can't beat the choc/peanut butter combo!!! Makes me think of the no-bake oatmeal I enjoy. I add sugar free choco syrup and peanut butter to the oatmeal. It's a tasty treat too. And warm....

 
At May 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

P.S. - don't feel a bit bad about not posting as much as you'd like. Life happens...to all of us. Gotta keep first things first and those kiddos should continue to be first. =)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

This is both heavenly and devilish at the same time. I have a love/hate relationship with this blog.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Happy weekend! Don't forget to come over and share a recipe at Savory Sunday!!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 5:17 AM , Blogger cookies and cups said...

So I could even eat that for breakfast...I mean it's in a bowl and there is cereal..right?

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home