12 May 2011

M&M Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

Remember when I posted my mom's banana bread recipe a few days ago? And I talked about how that batter is the best raw batter ever (if you're into being a batter connoisseur, which I am)? I mentioned the #2 slot would go to a cookie recipe I'd post soon? Well.  Here you go, my friends. My chocolate chip cookie recipe. A.K.A "The best raw cookie batter ever."

You're welcome. I aim to please.


Chocolate chip cookies are one of those things like pillows and how you take your coffee and underwear: each person has their own personal preference. I hope that these cookies will become your preference. Because they sure are mine!

I'm not a huge fan of cookies that are greasy. I don't want to have to blot my food with a paper towel before I eat it. I like a soft center, with a solid exterior. I think that these cookies have managed to overcome all my pickiness on this matter. They are delicious! And the best thing about the batter is that it is so versatile. Just in the mood for chocolate chips? No problem. Want to add some nuts or mix-ins? Go ahead. They'll still taste great.


For this cookie, I wanted something more than just basic chocolate chip. I was taking them to a potluck and I knew that there would be tons of other cookies there, most likely Costco-bought packages of chocolate chip. So I added M&Ms, because who doesn't love M&Ms? I used the Easter plain ones, well, because honestly? They were on clearance. But next time I want to try using the pretzel ones.

What? You've never tried pretzel M&Ms? Oh, my friend. You haven't lived until you've tried Pretzel M&Ms. Go out and get some. Go out now. I beg of you.

Sorry, got sidetracked there....where was I? Oh, I also wanted nuts and was in the mood for almonds, so I added those. Add whatever kind you like or have on hand.


And, really. Try to get some of the cookies baked. Don't just eat the batter. It's hard, I know. But you'll thank me later.

Enjoy!

M&M Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms (any kind)
1 cup chopped almonds

Directions:
1.    Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Pour into an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes.
2.    While butter mixture is cooling, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
3.    Turn mixer (with butter mixture bowl attached) on low. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely.  Mix in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips, M&Ms, and chopped almonds; stir to combine.
4.    Chill for 30 minutes to one hour, until cooled.
5.    Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on size). Cookies made from my 2-tablespoon cookie scoop baked in 11 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from pans to cool completely.

Yield: 3 dozen

This recipe is linked with:








Button

Labels:

14 Comments:

At May 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were fabulous!!!
Mom :}

 
At May 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with m&m's and chocolate chips! :)

 
At May 13, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@nancycreative

No you certainly can't! Thanks for reading!

 
At May 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Kim McCallie said...

These look delicious. Love the huge chocolate chips. I would love to have some right now. Thanks for joining the linky party again this week at A Well-Seasoned Life.

 
At May 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM , Blogger paddle attachment said...

I love your favorites! I too, often can't get past the mixing bowl....

 
At May 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger House Of Aqua said...

I love trying new choc. chip cookie recipes. I am not a fan of pretzel M&M's, but I love the Coconut M&M's. I tried baking with peanut butter M&M's but they crack and dry out. I am a huge fan of baking with plain M&M's in my cookies. I haven't added nuts like almonds to my cookie batter in forever and I think I might do that to change it up. Your cookies look divine!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@MySweetCreations

Mmmm...coconut M&Ms. I haven't tried them yet. I'm kind of scared to because I know there is no turning back once I've fallen in love with them. Thanks for reading!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

 
At May 16, 2011 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg
Bummer! I missed the window. I'll be sure to put it on my calendar for next week. Thanks for inviting me. :)

 
At May 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

Ok Dorothy I tried making these. They taste good but I did something wrong because they don't look right. Oh well. I don't write a food blog so mine don't have to look great!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Bizzy said...

These are such fun. I want to make these for my class of ten year olds. They will love them. Thanks for sharing them. How about sharing them a little more and linking them to my new linky, Bake with Bizzy.

http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/05/bake-with-bizzy.html

 
At May 23, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Bizzy
Thanks! I'm sure the kids will love them. I've never met a kid that didn't like M&Ms! I'll check out your linky, thanks for the invite!

 
At March 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Randomly wanted to bake something tonight, so I googled "M&M Almond Cookies" and your link was at the top. So happy I clicked on it because I have ALL the things needed and they look AMAZING! Cannot wait to make them.

 
At March 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Wow! Thanks. I hope you enjoy them. Revisiting this post makes me want cookies. Badly. :) Thanks for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home