20 April 2011

Cupcake Bunnies

Last weekend I was invited by a friend (who I haven't seen in way too long) to go to her house and make cupcakes. She had bought Better Homes and Gardens' Cupcake magazine and wanted to try some recipes. Of course I said yes, who says no to a cupcake party? I'll have a few cupcakes to share from our day of baking, but I wanted to share these little guys this week, for Easter.


Aren't they super cute? And they are so easy. We used a box mix for the cupcakes and canned frosting. (Confession time: I actually like boxed cake mix and canned frosting, so once in awhile I go the easy route.)

What do you think the two in the back are talking about?

I used a multiopening tip (a grass tip) for the bunny "hair". The ears are large marshmallows, cut in half. The eyes are white chocolate chips and the nose is a pink jelly bean. Black and pink frosting gel make up the ear centers, the whiskers, and pupils.

It was fun giving them different expressions too.


And it was fun making them looked freaked out. Think they thought aliens were coming to get them? Or maybe they're scared they are going to get eaten? (Hee hee!)

Kids will love these! If you don't have a grass tip, you could use coconut. But, if your kids are like mine, they won't eat them. You could grate some white chocolate or white Wilton's candy melts to make fur. Anyway you do it they will be darn cute, that's for sure!


Enjoy!

Cupcake Bunnies
by Crazy for Crust
From Better Homes & Gardens magazine

Ingredients
  • 24 baked and cooled cupcakes (a box or from scratch)
  • 1 can of white frosting (or from scratch)
  • 24 large marshmallows
  • 48 white chocolate chips
  • 24 pink jelly beans
  • Pink gel icing (or tinted pink icing)
  • Black gel icing (or tinted black icing)
Instructions
  1. Frost each cupcake with a small amount of icing. (This makes it easier to cover the top with the fur.)
  2. Using a pastry bag fitted with a multiopening tip, pipe on the fur to cover the cupcakes.
  3. Cut each marshmallow in half to create two ears. Pipe a pink stripe down the center of each. Press the ears into the cupcakes.
  4. Place two white chocolate chips on each cupcake for eyes. Place a small dot of black icing in the center of each.
  5. Place a pink jelly bean on each cupcake for the nose. Pipe black whiskers on each bunny.
Powered by Recipage


I'm linking up with:


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At April 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger paddle attachment said...

Adorable! I love the grass tip. I use it for all sorts of things!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cute are those! makes me want to make cupcakes...

 
At April 21, 2011 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Raven said...

soooo cute! I am so doing this for my 3 year old, he will think it's just awesome :)

 
At April 22, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Erin said...

so cute! i love this!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Deanna Samaan said...

I am having a special sunday Easter Linky buffet Any Easter recipe accepted no limit to what you like to submit. I am taking submissions till saturday. http://deedeesdelights.blogspot.com/p/special-easter-sunday-buffet.html

I love it if you add this!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Christina said...

Your cupcakes are so darling! What a cute idea!

 
At April 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Those cupcake bunnies look superb and it looks so easy to do too. I'll definitely have to remember this for next Easter. Regarding your comment on my blueberry muffin post, I used a bag of frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joe's.

 
At April 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha these are so cute !

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home