28 May 2011

Buttons

Do you read this using an RSS feed? (If so, thanks for subscribing!)  If you're using a reader, you probably haven't noticed my fabulous new buttons over there on the right.  Go ahead and click through to my site...I'll wait...you there? Great!

Let me introduce you to my new buttons. I wanted an easy way for my readers to follow me, but I wanted something cute.  So I made cookies, of course.


Now I have a button that will take you directly to my Facebook page (where you can 'like' and follow me):





There's one for Twitter (@crazyforcrust):


Even for RSS, if you happen to come to my actual site.  (RSS enables you to follow me in a reader, such as Google Reader, so my posts go to one place.)


I added an "email me" button too, in case you have a question or want to drop me a recipe suggestion or tell me how fabulous I am (just kidding!)





To make my buttons I made sugar cookies and topped them with royal icing.  The details are done with food writers.  If you haven't stumbled upon those yet, they are awesome! You can find them at craft stores like Michaels or kitchen stores like Sur la Table, or online.


Thanks for reading, and I hope you decide to follow me!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At May 29, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger justjenn said...

These are great Dorothy!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Wonderful idea! Awsome! I really don't understand rss feed though. I have a blog and people just follow me. What does rss feed do? May sound stupid but I guess I just don't get the advantage!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Candy "Sweetstuff"
An RSS feed is great for those that read blogs in a reader. I use google reader (there are several out there). If you click on the orange RSS button on your favorite blogs you can save them all in the reader, then you go to the reader and all the new posts are there waiting for you to read. :) Thanks for reading!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I will have to check that out. Thanks a bunch Dorothy! I use google for everything else so I will use it for that! Thanks, you are so sweet! Love your blog!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Mama J said...

Totally loving your blog! I'm a new follower. :)

 
At July 9, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Mama J
Thank you! I'm happy to have you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home