01 April 2012

Pie Crust Bark {Guest Post}

Hi everyone! I'm spending the next few days in Southern California, visiting family and  spending money I should spend on a new car taking Jordan to have lunch with her doll at the American Girl Store. In my absence, I've got a couple of guest posts for you from my awesome bloggy friends! (Crazy Sweet Tuesday will still be on tomorrow!!)

First up, Ashton from Something Swanky. You may have heard me talking about her? I think I may have mentioned her once (or a gazillion times). She's my separated-at-birth dessert sister and for the very first time, I'm relinquishing control of my baby to her. Enjoy!




Hi, folks!
Ashton here. From Something Swanky.
I'm kind of crazy about desserts.
Which led me to Dorothy. Naturally :)
We're blogging buds, and I love drooling over reading Crazy For Crust.
Especially Whatever Friday. I think that's becoming my favorite post of the week. 
And I am so excited to be blogging here today.
And in honor of Dorothy's revolutionary obsession with crust, 
I made something awesomely easy, decadent, and primarily of crust. Of course.
Go ahead and add it to your Christmas Cookie roster. It's that good. And that easy.
And that fool proof.
Truly-- you can't mess this up.
I like M&Ms. 
So I put them on everything.
But feel free to mix this up any way you'd like!
Bake the pie crust.
Smother in some kind of melty chocolate.
And top with anything delicious you've got on hand!
It really is that simple.
Enjoy! And come visit me at Something Swanky!!
I'll make you something yummy :)


Pie Crust Bark
Ingredients:
  • 1 pie crust (store bought works best)
  • 1 c. melting chocolate, melted
  • Candy topping of choice
Instructions:
  1. Roll the pie crust up into a ball, and then roll out into a rectangle that will lay flat on a 9x13 baking sheet.
  2. Bake according to directions on package, but start keeping a close eye on it at about 1/2 the recommended baking time.
  3. Spread melting chocolate over top. Coat with candy topping.
  4. Let cool to harden. Break into pieces.
Powered by Recipage







Thanks, Ashton, for taking over the reigns here today! (Isn't she, like, a total genius? PIE CRUST BARK. See, this is why we're friends.)

Happy Monday, y'all!

Labels:

18 Comments:

At April 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips said...

So simple, and yet it looks so yummy. With different holiday M&M's, you can do something different for every holiday!

 
At April 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

Amazing as always! Inspiring me to get up from bed and go bake! Well, almost. It is late here on the east coast. Maybe tomorrow!

 
At April 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

Amazing as always! Inspiring me to get up from bed and go bake! Well, almost. It is late here on the east coast. Maybe tomorrow!

 
At April 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy California! And thanks for leaving us with something so fantastic! I love this bark...but will definitely not be able to wait until Christmas :)

 
At April 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I so love the convenience of store bought pie crust. But man, nothing beats the taste of homemade! Would this work with homemade? Or would it fall apart??

 
At April 2, 2012 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Carrie B said...

Holy cow, I think this is utterly genius! I always have a batch of pie crust in the freezer. Sometimes I love an easy treat like this!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

This is SO SIMPLE; why didn't I think of it!? I want some--so flaky and buttery and smooth and my mouth is watering profusely. Love it, Ashton!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Heather McMullin said...

YUM! YUM!

-Heather

PS
I was totally thinking about you when I made my Oatmeal Cookie Crust!!!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Wow!! Gotta love pie crust!!

I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you'd like, if you aren't one already.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Dulce fresa said...

Yummy!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Jacqueline said...

Sounds fabulous especially for those who love pie crust! Yum.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Very simple and yummy looking. I love crust too, however it's not too good on the hips. Stop by and check out my designs for a wedding I just did.

 
At April 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

I'm sure it would work with homemade :) Not MY homemade crust-- because mine is always utter awful. But with yours? Probably :)

 
At April 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

Three of my favorite things rolled into one!

 
At April 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

That's for sure! :)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I know, that's how I feel!! :)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks! :) Ashton's a genius.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home