21 March 2012

Bunny Munch


Life has been a little crazy lately. Why is it that, when you're super busy, things just get busier?

Normally, Spring is our easy time. Once Jordan's birthday is over I can take a breath and wait for the busy Summer to start.

But this year? Oh my goodness. It's been a month since Jordan's birthday and I feel like I haven't been able to surface to take a breath. She was sick, I was sick. My husband has been traveling a lot. My parent's have had their health scares and I've been down to their house twice. And this list doesn't even include regular day-to-day stuff, like volunteering in Jordan's class or all the stuff that's been happening for the PTC at school.

And then there is the annoying regular stuff, like cleaning the house, grocery shopping, Easter shopping.

Yeah, I have not even begun to think about Easter baskets or treasure hunts or eggs.

And we're going on a trip over Spring Break. In a week and a half. And I have not made one list. *Gasp*

I'm not really complaining, just venting a little. I know that, in comparison to so many, my life is easy.

But still. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

I get stressed about making sure I have new content here and commenting and linking and Facebook and Twitter and the next big social media thing. I realize it's almost Easter and I haven't made anything cute.

But then I walk away from the computer for a minute and realize I'm more stressed. Because being here, in virtual land, with all of you? Actually makes me happier. Being in my kitchen, creating and baking and photographing? Makes me relax, in the long run anyway.

Getting to meet fellow bloggers that I had no idea actually live within walking distance of me, and having a three hour coffee that seems like it was five minutes? Priceless.

So thanks, you know, for being my outlet. It gets me through the hard days.

And then, so does dessert. Dessert, like my fellow bloggers, has never failed me. At least now I can check one Easter recipe off my list. (Yippee!)


This is a munch for bunnies. Chocolate eggs (Cadbury, of course), bunny tails (marshmallows), and carrots (dipped Bugles).

The dipped Bugle idea is totally from Cookies & Cups. She dips Bugles to look like Santa hats, y'know.


I dipped my Bugles in orange candy melts.


Then dipped the tips in green.


I added some green sugar to make them look "frawny." (I think I made that word up.)

This is a super easy Easter snack. And easy is good.


And it's almost like I'm eating vegetables. Right?




Bunny Munch

by Crazy for Crust 
(inspired by Cookies & Cups)

Ingredients
  • Bugles
  • Orange candy melts
  • Green candy melts
  • Green sugar
  • Chocolate Eggs (Cadbury or like)
  • Mini marshmallows
Instructions
  1. Melt the orange candy melts according to package directions. Dip Bugles (point side down) in orange candy and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until hardened.
  2. Melt the green candy melts according to package directions. Dip the top end of the Bugels in green candy and then immediately into the green sugar. Place back on the cookie sheet and chill until hardened.
  3. Mix a bowl full of the "carrot" Bugles, chocolate eggs, and mini marshmallows. Enjoy!
Note: marshmallows get stale quickly. Do not add the marshmallows until you are ready to serve. You can also add pretzels or whatever other snacks you like to this mix. Change it up to your liking.

Powered by Recipage


Enjoy!




Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.
I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I'm Lovin' it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff, and all of these too!

Labels:

47 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Sugar Swings said...

very cute! i have left over bugles so trying to figure out something to do with them! love the munch :)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I know how you feel Dorothy! Our schedules (with four kids) keeps us on our toes all the time. We go from Football, to Basketball, to Soccer. Plus we have Brownies, volunteering at school and all the crazy stuff in between! My grandmother always tells me to just take it in stride because it goes by far too fast and before we know it they will going off to college!

I also love to "check-in" on my bloggin' buddies, it gives a little bit of "me" time to escape the craziness!

Keep your chin up...you'll get everything done :)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

well that's just about the cutest thing ever

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute I can't stand it! The bugles as carrots are so creative, although I love the marshmallow tails too!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm such a stalker, but I love this! Riley would get a kick out of it and I might be able to confuse her enough to get her to eat carrots! I'd love it if you got a sec you might link it up at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-3.html. No pressure!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

SO cute!

And I'm jealous that you're getting to have day dates with other bloggers! lol, I actually googled "blogger support groups" in my area one time. There's one 2 hours away. And they haven't met in 3 years.

:(

LOVE this idea though!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

That's such a cute idea! I love the carrots :)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I think we all feel the same way...busy, so we have to escape to our computers for some down time! Or maybe that's just me:-) I am jealous too that you had a blogger meet up. One of these days I will meet some of my blogging BFF's.

The bunny mix...too too cute!!! I love the tails:-) And I am all for saying it is veggies when you are eating it:-)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

That looks ridiculously easy. Maybe I'll treat the children (all 30 of them) to this the week before Easter...if I'm feeling generous ;)
Best of luck with the balancing act. It can't be easy to have so much on your plate!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Michael said...

How fun to meet a fellow blogger! I'm hoping to meet up with some blog BFF's soon!
And cute cute idea!
I hear ya on the SPring Break thing! We leave one week from tomorrow, and I'm so not ready!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 5:08 AM , Blogger The Cooking Actress said...

So cute!!! When i have kids some day this is something I would love to make for them :)

I also wanted to let you know I've nominated you for The Liebster Award :)! You can check here for more details: http://cookingactress.blogspot.com/2012/03/awards.html

 
At March 22, 2012 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

well that is just adorable! And I have no idea if I will ever catch up with life, maybe when my kid is 20 or so? I can hope.

 
At March 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

Oh-so cute! I really want to give this a try myself. Pinned!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

How cute! I would love these, right about now. Seriously, a great way to start my day with my first cup of coffee! The salty-sweet thing, yes? ;) Great to see you last night, too. :) And, ya know, those little Cadbury mini eggs, well, let's just say I buy the BIG bagS each year, and save them...Yes, I hoard them...Sad, but oh so true!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Sweet Twist - Meg said...

Love it!!

Ellen : don't worry I buy about 10 bags when they are 50% off.

 
At March 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

OMG! They turned out so freakin' cute! You're a genius, you know that?!
And yes, frawny is definitely a word--now.

 
At March 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

You know it girl!!! You and me shopping soon:-)

 
At March 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Erin said...

This is so cute! And I love the carrot bugles!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Ohmygosh, you are seriously brilliant!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Deana said...

How cute:)

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Your bunny munch is adorable! Gotta make it for the kids.

 
At March 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Sue said...

You are SO CLEVER for turning the bugles into carrots for the bunny munch~LOVE it!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you Karen!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you so much. I'm in love with bunny butts right now so the tails are my inspiration. :)

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I'm jealous!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you so much! For the comment and the award! :)

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Seriously, I know. It never ends! Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yes! For sure. Sugar in the morning is always good. Cuts the caffeine. Unless you're like me and like lots of sugary coffee. :) Those eggs...I ate the whole bag!!!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I probably will too! Thanks Meg!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Hayley! Maybe they'll put me in the blogger dictionary. :)

 
At March 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks so much Ashley!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Deana said...

Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks and have a wonderful Sunday:)

 
At March 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, definitely as good as veggies! :)

 
At March 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/baked-chicken-salsa-show-your-stuff-16.html

 
At March 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger TidyMom said...

This is adorable! I bet it's delicious!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/fun-food-ideas/

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

 
At March 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Simply Tasheena said...

This is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

 
At March 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Addicted to Recipes said...

Thanks so much for sharing this at Scrumptious Sunday. These are so so cute. Love them! And if it makes you feel any better, I haven't started yet for Easter. And right after Easter is my oldest's 5th birthday...haven't started planning that yet either (and he wants a firetruck theme). Eeks! Have a good evening, my blogland friend :-)

 
At March 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

BUGLE CARROTS!?!?!?!?!?!??! I knew I loved you. Sounds like life has been super hectic but hopefully you can relax soon on your trip. I find it somewhat comforting that I am not the only one who stresses new cute content. I work part time and I always am daydreaming edible crafts and cupcakes while I am at work..people must think I am CRAAAAAAAAZEEEEEEEE. Oh well.

 
At March 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

So cute and so clever! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Christine said...

I'll email you my address so that you can send me a few!! hehe They look AMAZING!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

 
At March 29, 2012 at 6:30 PM , Blogger amy and jesse hudson said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I know how you feel about being busy lately! I'm falling off of my bloggy roller coaster because of how life is picking up for me lately! Anyway, thanks for sharing this at Drab to Fab last week!
This week’s party which is live right now!

http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-11-features.html

I’d love for you to link up again this week with more of your amazing stuff! Old or new is always welcome :)

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

 
At March 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Tank you so much! :)

 
At March 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Blogger AudreyN said...

Adorable!!! I can't wait to make it for Easter baskets! Or just myself :)

 
At March 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Abby said...

such a cute idea! I also loved your chicks :) Great Easter ideas!

 
At March 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you so much!! Have a great weekend.

 
At March 31, 2012 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Claire @ Gemini Nutrition said...

Thank you for linking up this project...
Would love you to stop by and link up another fabulous project!!!
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/you-inspire-linky-party_31.html
Claire xox

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home