18 January 2012

Peanut Butter Nutella Nutter Butter Pie



I think I have a problem. Do they have a 12-step program for Nutter Butter Lovers?

I've been using Nutter Butters a lot lately. I made ice cream, a halloween treat, and even another crust with them just a couple weeks ago.

And now I bring you this pie. With yet another Nutter Butter theme.

But this one isn't my fault. This one is all my husband.


We were at dinner one night awhile ago (alone, so of course we were talking about my blog and food, because that's good date-night banter) and he said I should make a Nutter Butter crust.

Thousands of ideas popped into my head.

Then he said, oh, and make a peanut butter filling too.


And then he mentioned Nutella.

And I knew I was going to make this pie.

Unfortunately, I thought he was being all original and I was going to take the blogging world by storm with his ingenious idea of a Peanut Butter Nutella Nutter Butter Pie. It would be amazing.

And then I Googled it.

*Sigh*

Maybe the idea isn't original...but I did make up the recipe as I went along, so we can pretend it's all ingenious and original and fabulous, right?


And you can totally make this ahead of time, because while it's good room temp or from the fridge, it's even better frozen.

{Also hubby's idea, BTW. I married a genius.}


Peanut Butter Nutella Nutter Butter Pie

Ingredients:
For the Crust:
23 Nutter Butter cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted

For the Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar

For the Nutella Layer:
½ cup Nutella
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon brown sugar

For the Peanut Butter Layer:
1 cup peanut butter
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar

Mini Nutter Butters, for garnish

Directions:
1.       Make the crust: Finely crush Nutter Butters in a food processor. Stir in melted butter and press into the bottoms and sides of a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to use.
2.       Make the whipped cream: Whip heavy cream and brown sugar in an electric mixer using whisk and a cold bowl until peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
3.       Make the Nutella layer: Beat Nutella, cream cheese, and brown sugar with a hand mixer until combined. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream. Spread in the prepared crust and chill until ready to add the next layer.
4.       Make the peanut butter layer: Beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Fold in the remaining 2/3 whipped cream. Spread over Nutella layer. Garnish with mini Nutter Butters, if desired.
5.       This pie is good chilled or room temperature, but it is even better frozen! Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.

Serves 8 (ha ha ha ha!)






Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.
These are the fabulous parties I link to each week:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsCreative Monday (Clairejustineoxox), Mix it Up Monday (Flour Me With Love), This Weeks Cravings (Big Bears Wife). Tuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training), Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life), Let's Do Brunch (My Sweet & Savory). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick CooksCast Party Wednesday (Lady Behind the Curtain), Famous Linkz Par-tay (Made-Famous-By), Bakes with Bizzy (Bizzy Bakes).  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents), Taking a Timeout Thursday (Mom on Timeout), Things I've Done Thursday (BearRabbitBear). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). SaturdayCountry Mom CooksSweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Moms Crazy Cooking

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 6:33 AM , Blogger cheapcraftymama said...

Wow, that looks awesome!!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Mikki said...

Anyway to de-fat this recipe without affecting the outcome?

 
At March 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Desiree M. Doyle said...

This may be completely blasphemous and antithetical to ask but... nutrition information and/or Weight Watchers Points + value? (ha ha, right?!?)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Jamie S. said...

OMG, that sounds beyond incredible. But like the other people commented, I don't even want to think about the nutritional (or lack thereof) information. The fat content on this must be incredible. Still, it would probably be divine...

 
At March 21, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger rebecca @ beurrista said...

dorothy, this looks fabulous! i'm a huge nutter butter fan and can't wait to try this pie.

 
At March 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks AWESOME!
Q: Is there a GFree option for the Nutter Butters?

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM , Blogger hervin02 said...

Can you please Pin this? There is a similar recipe on your Pinterest board, but not exactly the same as it does not have the peanut butter in it.

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I pinned it to the "My Stuff" board on my pinterest page (Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust). Thanks for reading!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I've never bought Gluten Free products, but I did a quick google search for GF peanut butter cookies and some packaged brands came up. Maybe try Amazon? Or Whole Foods, possibly. Good luck, and let me know if you find anything!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You could de-fat it a lot by substituting ingredients. Low or fat-free cream cheese and low fat peanut butter would be a big fat and calorie cutter. I don't think Nutella comes in any low-fat form, but you could also sub fat-free Cool Whip for the whipped cream. I use that a lot, and it works in fresh or frozen pies. I think the Nutter Butters are stuck being full calorie too, unless one of the diet brands sells something "healthier". Good luck and let me know what you think if you go that route. :) Thanks for reading!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Definitely no low-fat in the pie the way it's made here. But, you can easily substitute low-fat butter, cream cheese and peanut butter and use fat-free cool whip in place of the whipped cream. WW has a peanut butter pie I love that uses all those ingredients. It's SO good.

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yes, fat makes everything better! (Except how the clothes fit, I guess.) Go for the low-fat options to sub where you can and you wouldn't even notice it. :)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Wicava said...

I know what Hubby is getting for Father's Day! PS What if I don't have a food processor?

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

He'll love it! If you don't have a food processor you can put the cookies in a ziploc bag, seal it all but about 1/2" (so air can escape) and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies. It won't be as fine of a crumb but it'll work just fine. Or, you could buy yourself the food processor and then pretend it's his gift and you thought that's what he asked for. Or would that be a stretch?

 
At April 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger cheapcraftymama said...

That looks SO yummy! I featured it today on my “Top 10 Nutella Recipes” post. Feel free to grab a “featured” button. Also I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my new linky party “Pin It and Win It Wednesday” @www.cheapcraftymama.com!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home