09 November 2011

Ice Cream Cookies {Butterfinger Style}


So as you read this I will have no internet. Oh, the horror.

Sure, the service interruption is only for a few hours. And it's moving day so I shouldn't be on the computer anyway.

But.

No internet? No blog reading? How will I cope? By 10am I'm going to be like an addict jonesing for a fix.

But during the day today won't be the problem. The big problem is going to come tonight. Because we're having the internet moved today but not actually sleeping at the new place until tomorrow. Why, you ask?

Because the internet has to be there in order for Direct TV to come install my TV. He's coming tomorrow. And a day without TV? WAY worse than a day without internet.

Sorry internets, but it's true. I *may* love TV a little more than you. But not much, I promise.

I feel like that sentence was a Sophie's choice moment. Like I'm telling one child I love him more than his sister.

Thank goodness I only have one kid.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I don't link or comment as much as normal because I'm sans internet. And under the watchful eye of my husband who might give me the death stare if I try to blog while he's struggling to move my granite-top kitchen table by himself.

I made you these cookies so you'll still like me even in my absence.


It seems that putting ice cream in baked goods is all the rage these days. I've seen it in bread and in brownies. I thought, why not put it in cookies?

I modified this cookie recipe by adding one single-serve size cup of ice cream to the batter and upping the flour a little to adjust for the extra liquid. I also lowered the sugar because the ice cream is sweet. I used Dreyer's Butterfinger ice cream because it looked good that day, but you can use any flavor you want. Just swap out the flavor and the mix-in (I used a chopped up Butterfinger) to suit your tastes. I have several combos I want to try, and yes, one of them involves Reese's.

These cookies turned out super moist and chewy. They almost looked raw when they were done cooking, but they were perfection. Absolute perfection. This is definitely a keeper recipe! And it would be great for Christmas...bring a little summer into the cold, dark nights.


Enjoy!



Ice Cream Cookies {Butterfinger Style}
Adapted from this recipe.
Recipe from www.CrazyforCrust.com

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 single-serving size ice cream cup (still frozen), Butterfinger flavor (approximately 5.8 oz or ½ cup)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 king-sized Butterfinger, chopped (about 1 cup)

Directions:
1.       Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Pour into an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes.
2.       While butter mixture is cooling, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
3.       Turn mixer (with butter mixture bowl attached) on low. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely.  Mix in vanilla extract. Beat in frozen ice cream. It will take a minute or so to become smooth. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and chopped Butterfinger pieces. Stir to combine.
4.       Chill for 30 minutes to one hour, until cooled.
5.       Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on size). They will look not done, but once the bottoms are browned they are finished. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from pans to cool completely.

Yield: 2 dozen

Flavor variations: Change up the ice cream flavor and candy flavor to suit your taste! 



This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training). WednesdayCast Party WednesdayMade It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff)

Labels: ,