07 November 2011

Cake Batter Coffee Creamer


Last week I was out and about doing errands and I did the drive-through at Starbucks.

I had a hard time choosing my drink because I wanted something sweet, but I didn't want a mocha and I didn't feel like pumpkin spice or vanilla. What I wanted was a cupcake, because I had made some that morning.

I ended up with my normal Skinny Vanilla Latte, but as cravings usually go, I wasn't totally satisfied. It got me to wondering why Starbucks hasn't invented the Cupcake Latte yet. I mean cupcakes are all the rage and it's not like them to be behind the times.

Then the light bulb went on over my head. I could make a cup of cupcake coffee at home - by making my own coffee creamer.

So I did.

You're welcome.


I tried to make my own sweetened condensed milk from this recipe, but I couldn't get past the dry milk taste. So I went to my cabinet and pulled out a can of the stuff. Worked like a charm. The mixture itself tastes like a liquid cupcake. Poured into coffee it's delightfully sweet. It rivals my must-have morning elixir, Italian Sweet Cream Coffee-mate.

Cupcakes and coffee, BFFs forever!


Print Friendly and PDFCake Batter Coffee Creamer
Inspired by Alli-n-Son
Recipe printed from www.CrazyforCrust.com

Ingredients:
6-7 ounces sweetened-condensed milk (about ½ of a 14 ounce can)
¾ cup milk (nonfat is fine)
4 tablespoons cake mix (the powder)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternately, you can use an immersion blender. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Yield: about 1 ½ cups creamer


This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training). WednesdayCast Party WednesdayMade It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff)

Labels: ,