02 November 2011

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip



My cat snores. Loudly.

The other morning I was awakened from a sound, dream-filled sleep to what sounded like someone screaming in my ear. I thought Jordan was having a nightmare. She wasn't.

What makes it even more special is that kitty likes to sleep in the corner of the bed...behind my head.

Every time I hear her snoring like a truck driver I wonder how such a sound comes out of a nine-pound animal. I want to record her so bad but she has a knack for her loudness at 3am, and I'm just not ready for video recording at that time of night.

This really has nothing to do with this dip, except that this dip is just slightly more amazing than her snoring.

It's peanut butter. And caramel. Oh, and some chocolate chips. Can't forget the chocolate!

It's good with apples. Or pretzels. Or on a spoon.





Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip
Print Friendly and PDF

Ingredients:
1 bag caramel squares (about 45), unwrapped
1/3 cup whipping cream and 1/3 cup nonfat milk OR 2/3 cup half and half
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1.       Add the caramels and whipping cream/milk or half and half to a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until the caramels have melted into the cream (about 8-10 minutes).
2.       Meanwhile, add peanut butter and chocolate chips to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30-45 seconds and stir to combine.
3.       Add hot caramel mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. Serve with apple slices, graham crackers and/or pretzels. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Yield: about 2 cups of dip

Enjoy!

This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training). WednesdayCast Party WednesdayMade It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff)

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh MY! this looks divine! I wish my kids liked peanut butter :(

 
At November 2, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Karen - Trilogy Edibles
That's fine, the more for you! ;) Have a great day!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Store leftovers in the frig"...what leftovers????
Sounds great,
Mom :}

 
At November 2, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Melissa Placzek said...

This looks fabulous! Great photos!

~Melissa Placzek
www.ChinDeep.com

 
At November 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my goodness, does this ever sound & look good!!! I can't wait to try it!!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Jess Wakasugi {Life's Simple Measures} said...

Hello! Just wanted to let you know I'm passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you, check out my latest post for more information. Have fun!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Melissa Placzek
Thank you! :)

@Kitty
If you make it, let me know what you think. :) Thanks for reading!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

@Jess Wakasugi {Life's Simple Measures}
Thanks! I'll pay it forward after my big move next week and once I get my wits about me. :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous The Better Baker said...

This delightful combo of flavors would be perfect for my taste buds! MMMM! I can truly relate to eating it by the spoonful. I may have to make a double batch so I can do that. =)

 
At November 3, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Anonymous Amy @ A Little Nosh said...

I'd definitely be dipping some pretzels in there!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Kim McCallie said...

Looks delicious! I love apple dip. I've never made it with peanut butter before but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 4:48 AM , Blogger MelissaDaams said...

yum.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home