06 July 2012

Whatever Friday

Pin It

Hey everyone! It's Friday again! And now it's July. ??!!

Did you all have a good week? I feel really weird writing this, as it feels like it should be Saturday. Having a holiday in the middle of a week is a good way to confuse a girl.

Pssst...I'm guest posting today over at My Happy Place. Want to hear more about these cookies?


Then go say hi to Sophie...and give her a hug for me!

1. This week I...

Made you kinda uncomfortable.


Made you liquid gold.


And made you real gold.


Thanks to everyone for looking at all my fun treats this week!

2. When I broke my baby fondue pot, I was outside with the fam and the dog. My dog is so addicted to people food she immediately went for the dip. She wanted it so bad it didn't even matter that there was glass attached to it. I then had to wrestle and bribe her to "drop the damn fondue pot!" Oy. What is it with my pets?

3. Speaking of pets, did you see the instagram photo I posted about when I brushed my cat? Oh my God how does that much hair come off of them? SO nasty. Next time I'm getting a Grandma Wrinkles.

4. Speaking of Real Housewives...I was so mad the RHOC reunion wasn't on this week. Come on Bravo, us addicts need our fix.

5. Jordan got her first two baby teeth pulled this week, which starts us on our loooooong orthodontic journey. She's got two more to go, then we start with all the fun stuff, like braces, rubber bands, and a palate expander. She's being a total trouper...because I promised her pierced ears if she cooperates. {Hey, if the bribe works...}

6. It's Flashback Friday! It is HOT here...is it hot where you are? Maybe you need some ice cream? Or maybe some rockin' good ice cream sandwiches?



7. In real life I'm not very good at inviting myself to things. Obviously in blog life, I don't have a problem with it. I'm joining in on the Red Faced Runner's Challenge, and signing up to do a 5k during the weekend of September 9th. Any locals want to run the Run to Remember with me on September 9th? We can get some cute socks and tweet our red-faced running photos along with all the other cool ladies. :)


8. And hey, because I'm a total copycat and joiner, I joined BlogFrog. I have no clue how to use it yet, but come be my friend!!

For a short week it was sure super busy! And now it's the weekend! Do you have any fun plans?

Kisses!

Labels:

25 Comments:

At July 6, 2012 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

I don't get Blog Frog either, it seemed right to join! Good luck on the run! That's awesome! I haven't read 50 Shades yet, on my summer to do list, but love the party food!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Those ice cream sandwiches are definitely inspiring me to get in the kitchen and try them out! That was so sad about your fondue pot :( but at least you got some great pictures first :) Have a great weekend!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Oh my gosh you crack me up! I wish you lived near me so we could hang out. I think we'd get along pretty darn well. Plus, imagine the treats we could share!

My oldest daughter just got her braces off after 2 years. My youngest (is 8) gets her palate expander at the end of this month and her journey just begins. The middle one will most likely need basic braces. (and this is why I can't get a new car)!

Have a great weekend!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Susan said...

It was a short week...I can't believe it's Friday, again! I need to bake because I need energy to finish some projects. However, it's not hot here in Seattle, it's darn perfect! We don't get many of these days, but when we do, it makes all the grey days worth it...but that ice cream sandwich looks yummy even if our heat index is low:-D!! Have a wonderful weekend. Love, XOXO

 
At July 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Shannon! My husband LOVED these ice cream sandwiches. Have a great weekend!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 7:12 AM , Anonymous sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

I missed your liquid gold recipe this week Dorothy! so glad you linked back to it. Chocolate Chip Cookie Fondue sounds unworldy. I would want to dip anything and everything in it Including my finger... In hopes I wouldn't burn it!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

It's Friday in July already?? Where has this year gone? I want to live near you too...no one here gets my crazy need to bake ALL. THE. TIME. You, me, Aimee, Hayley...we would all get along just fabulously!!! Hey, if bribing Jordan works, I say go for it!!! She is being a trooper to go through all that!!!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Tanya! :)

 
At July 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Let's make those ice cream sandwiches please! Peanut butter cookies, be still my heart! Also, I can't wait for our reunion viewing party. It's seriously going to be the best!!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

Aw I feel for you and your poor kiddo, mine goes to the dentist and ortho this week too, he is not pleased.

 
At July 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

I sooo want one of those ice cream sandwiches right now! You know as a reward for running :) I would totally run with you if Inlived close by. Oh that would be fun! I think bribery is a perfectly acceptable way to parent, haha! Gotta go with what works, right? Have a super weekend!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

my daughter begins her ortho work as well! yikes
which 5K are you doing on the 9th?

 
At July 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Your poor kid! I've never had any dental work done (my teeth are just average enough that I slid by) and when my students have to get teeth pulled I feel so awful for them. That's the norm now; pull the teeth before you put in the expander.
My husband thinks I'm going to run a 5K in the fall. We'll see! I wish I could sign up for yours!

 
At July 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Charlotte Moore said...

Can someone please tell me how to unsubscribe to this blog???

 
At July 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Charlotte Moore said...

Never mind!!! I just found how to unsubscribe.

 
At July 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun week! I've joined BlogFrog too and I have no clue what to do with it!

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Kate | Food Babbles said...

I just joined BlogFrog too and I'm clueless!! If you learn any tips or tricks, send them my way ;) Just joined your community. On another note, GO YOU!!! Congrats on competing in a 5K. That is a personal goal for me. I recently started running, immediately hurt myself cause I felt so great doing that I overdid it. Boo! So now I'm better and lost motivation. Need to get my rear in gear and get back out there. Thanks for the inspiration! I don't know where you are but if you were near New Jersey I would totally run with you! Have fun!

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh, I would risk the burning. Believe me! :)

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I can't wait! :)

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Poor guy! Good luck!

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I guess it's a summer thing? Good luck to her. I'm doing the run to remember in Sacramento. :)

 
At July 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Kate! I wish we could run together! I'm all the way in California!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy July, Dorothy! I admit to giggling a little when I saw the "fifty shades of dessert", heh! The brownie batter gold metal pies are amazing. I so have to make those with the impending Olympics! Ugh, sorry to hear about your daughter having to have some teeth pulled ready for braces. I can sort of relate as all 3 of my children will be having braces (I had them as a child and so did my ex partner, the father so my poor kids have the 'we need braces' genes!)

Have a wonderful remainder of your weekend. It's Monday morning here now, boo!

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

 
At July 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

I joined the blogfrog thing, too, via Something Swanky. I have no idea what to do, either...Ice cream cookies sandwiches are just what's in order this week for us locals with over 100 temps all week...Argh. The mini fondue pot is soooo cute. I really need to visit Goodwill. Stay cool!

Also, I'm passing on the Versatile Blogger award to you, my blogger friend! For being so darn amazing and inspirational to me! Here's the post that explains it to everyone, http://www.bakeitwithbooze.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

 
At July 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks again Ellen! I'll look for you on BlogFrog, yay!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home