21 November 2011

Pecan Pie Brownies


I am thankful for my family. For my husband and my daughter and his parents and siblings and my parents and everyone in between.

I am thankful for my friends, old and new.

I am thankful that I have a place to call home.

I am thankful for my dog and cat.

I am thankful that I can buy groceries and lots of baking staples so that I can bake yummy treats.

I am thankful for this blog, so I can share them all with you.

I am thankful that my daughter goes to a good school and has an awesome teacher.


I am thankful for brownies with a crust.

I am thankful for hot coffee and coffee-mate.


I am thankful that if I want to top my brownies with a pecan pie, I can.

I am thankful for my health, and the health of my family and friends.

I am thankful for the sound of my daughters' laughter.


I am thankful for all of you, my readers, who stop by here and read my words and leave me sweet comments. You make me happy.

I am thankful for this life and that I can take a step back and realize how good it is.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving week?


Print Friendly and PDFPecan Pie Brownies
Adapted from Bakerella


Ingredients:
For the Crust:
2 sticks butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 ¾ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt

For the Brownies:
1 box Brownie Mix (9x13” pan Family Size)
Eggs, water, and oil called for on the brownie mix box

For the Pecan Pie topping:
¼ cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2.       Combine crust ingredients (butter, sugar, flour, and salt) in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture comes together. Press into prepared pan and set aside.
3.       Mix brownies according to the directions on the box. Pour batter on top of crust.
4.       Make your filling by mixing the melted butter, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a medium bowl. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour over brownie batter and spread as evenly as possible.
5.       Bake for 50-60 minutes until the center only jiggles slightly. Or you can do the toothpick check 2 inches from the side of the pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve with ice cream for an extra scrumptious treat!

Yield: 24 bars





This recipe may be linked with:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsTuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training). WednesdayCast Party WednesdayMade It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick Cooks.  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh). FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home). SaturdaySweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff)

Labels: ,