20 July 2012

Whatever Friday

Pin It
Happy Friday! Whatcha been up too this week? Hot weather? Cocktails? Come on peeps, I want to hear all about it.


Oh? You want to hear about my week? Well, don't mind if I do.

1. This week I...

Introduced you to my favorite childhood combo: cereal and ice cream.


Celebrated my hubby's birthday with peanut butter explosion.


{Speaking of strange avocado recipes that may you do a double take...have you entered the Unique Sweets Party that's being hosted by White Lights on Wednesday and My Happy Place? You still have a couple days! A party full of unique, different, or challenging sweets, judged by an awesome panel of judges. And there are prizes! Go check it out!}



2. Jordan had dance camp all week. She could not wait to go each day. If only she could be that excited for school! If only I could sign her up for it every week...three hours of dancing...three hours of silence for me...


3.  Hayley and I had a two-part Real Housewives of Orange County viewing party this week, complete with midori lemonade cocktails. Those women are whack. I mean, if you're really friends with someone, do you need to keep the emails you write them for proof that you were telling the truth? It was like a big hair convention gone bad.


4. Seriously nothing funny is happening to me. I'm out of stories. Got any good ones for me?


5. This week's Flashback Friday is a special one.




Anniversary Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Crust. I posted it a year ago. For my 10th anniversary. This weekend is our 11th. That kind of makes me feel old.


6. Because my parents totally rock, they are taking Jordan for the weekend so we can celebrate our anniversary alone. We're not going anywhere; just having a quiet weekend alone. We did decide to do something a little adventurous (for me) on Sunday. It's going to cross off one of my goals for the year. Expect Instagram photos...


7. Do you watch Drop Dead Diva? That chick created a Pake! (Pie + Cake) I'm sooooo jealous. Is it wrong to copy a TV show?


8. Just a little light reading for the next few weeks:




I finished the 50 Shades Darker (better than the first, has an actual plot) and Tricks (jeez, a little depressing, but good). A couple library books just came in too...so I don't know where to go next. The dark side or the sexy side?


What are you reading?


I hope you all have a great weekend! My goal is to stay away from the computer until Monday afternoon. (Yeah, right.)


See you soon!


((Hugs))

Labels:

20 Comments:

At July 20, 2012 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dorothy, Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy every moment of your peaceful weekend and can't wait to see what you do on Sunday. I've been debating about the Fifty Shades series, I've heard conflicting reviews. Right now I'm reading everything from Kristen Hannah, kinda reminds me of Nicolas Sparks.
Oh and my hubby has been doing Captain Crunch and Ice Cream forever, lol, that's the only reason I buy the stuff (not really, every now and then I might sneak a bowl after everyone's asleep, maybe.)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

Go 50 Shades Sexy! I loved that trilogy! Glad to see I'm not the only crazy person in blog world that has nothing funny to talk about. I've had to take a couple of weeks off just to regroup and let life happen! Hope you have a great weekend!!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary, Dorothy! Hope you have a great weekend together.

 
At July 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

Happy Anniversary, Dorothy and Mel! Glad Darker was better...Better?! Wow...I CAN'T wait, now! I'm finishing the first Hunger Games this weekend. Enjoy your quiet weekend!! :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Happy Anniversary to you & Mel! Congrats on the weekend alone :) midori cocktails for you and him, methinks? Haha. Thanks for the fun Real Housewives party time. Wishing they'd release a bonus third installment so we could have more taquitos and another chance to judge ruthlessly. I guess we'll settle for RHBH when it returns. And I'm glad you liked Tricks! Definitely depressing but so so good. Identical is suspenseful--you'll love it! But maybe take a depressing break and try a sexy break, then lemme borrow them please?! :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Robyn!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Ellen! Hopefully I can get your books back to you next week so you can finish it!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL, you should totally read them. I borrowed the second two from Ellen, the first one is on my kindle. :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

Cool! I can't wait...And, neither can my fellow bus riders! ;) Enjoy your quiet weekend!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

I have all 3. Jacqueline is next in the que. Let me know if you'd like to borrow them, Hayley. :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy the quiet weekend with your hubby! Can't wait to see what fun thing you are going to mark off your list:-)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I'll look up Hopkins and make a trip to the library this weekend. (nerd alert)
Have a relaxing anniversary weekend!
And if you go sit in a place where you can people-watch, you might come up with some blog material! :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time stopping by, and I'm already in love! Cereal Milkshakes? Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cookie Pie? Really?? It's all too delicious to be true!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL, thank you! :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

Oh enjoy your time alone together! Happy anniversary! Can't wait to hear whats happening on Sunday :) boy I wish I could read like that again. Not enough hours in the day... I love a depressing book, is that strange??

 
At July 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

Bahhhhhh! I LOVE the new look!! Good job :) How proud are you?!?!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the week re-cap!! Have a SUPER time this anniversary weekend! - HUGS.

 
At July 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Velva said...

Looks like your week is rocking! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Velva

P.S. I agree the 2nd book 50 shades darker is better than the first.

 
At July 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry said...

Ok, so I haven't started the 50 Shades of Grey yet, but what is the other series you're reading? I love reading series, and I haven't gotten into a good one lately.

 
At July 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Trish!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home