20 June 2012

Cookies 'n Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Pin It



Okay, so I couldn't let Father's Day go by without talking about my husband. He's such an awesome dad to Jordan.


He's so freakin' awesome that I'm willing to overlook the fact that he can idly sit by and eat his WW desserts and fat-free Breyers instead of joining me in the "let's see who can eat the entire batch of cookies I made today" contest.


Mel is a natural with kids. I remember one time he joined us at the park during a mom's club play date. All of us moms were sitting at the picnic table chatting (where else would we be?) and all of a sudden I realize it's quiet on the playground. I look around and find that all of the kids (ours and some not in our play group) had gathered around Mel and he was telling stories.


Yeah, it's good I married him. Because that is so not me.


He's my rock at the end of the day when I've hadituptohere with Jordan. He brushes her teeth and puts her to bed.


He makes sure to build "daddy-daughter" time into the weekends, so that I can blog, run errands, or watch endless episodes of RHOOC. Or NY. Or NJ. Or whatever freaks they are showing on Bravo.

He gets Jordan. I totally don't, so it's good he does. They have the same personality. And the same laugh.

When she hasn't stopped all freakin' day and then wants to do more! more! more! and I know he's tired, he still goes and plays princesses with her.

And he does all this while working all day, travelling, and saying "NO" to fatty Dorothy-desserts.

I think he's a robot.



So, of course, on Father's Day, I had to make a dessert he would actually eat.

Ice cream is always a good choice.

Especially when I use his fat-free Bryer's as the base.

And then add chopped Nutters, Oreos, and eggless peanut butter cookie dough.

All of the things he can't resist. Bwahahahahaha!


But it wouldn't matter. Because it's fat-free ice cream. So that means this dessert is fat-free!

{It really doesn't. But that's what I told myself when I had seconds.}

Happy Father's Day, sweetie. I love you, and thanks for being Jordan's idol.


Cookies 'n Cookie Dough Ice Cream



by Crazy for Crust

Ingredients
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • ½ gallon vanilla ice cream (I used fat-free Bryers)
  • 2 cups cookies (Oreos, Nutter Butters, your favorite kind), roughly chopped
Instructions

  1. Make your cookie dough: stir peanut butter, sugar, and milk in a medium bowl. Roll into ½ teaspoon sized balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 30 mintes.
  2. Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit on counter for at least 5 minutes before assembling ice cream. Once it’s soft enough place the ice cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add cookies and stir with the mixer until incorporated. Add frozen cookie dough balls and stir just until mixed in.
  3. Place ice cream in a sealable container and freeze until hardened, at least a few hours.
  4. {Try to share with your family. }
Powered by Recipage



Enjoy!


I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I'm Lovin' it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff, and all of these too!

Labels: , ,

31 Comments:

At June 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Michael said...

Mmm, looks delish! Glad you snagged a good one, and vice versa! (even if he doesn't eat your treats).

 
At June 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Susan said...

What a great treat for such a wonderful Dad...there are some good ones out there and I'm happy I found mine. XOXO

 
At June 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's definitely a keeper and so is this recipe!
Mom :}

 
At June 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

L-O-V-E!!!! I'm so happy I know you :)

 
At June 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

er..... kind of. ;) (kind of know you-- not kind of happy-- I'm totally happy!)

 
At June 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

You have a keeper for sure! What a great dad he is:-) Ditto to what Ashton said...I'm happy to be your blogging friend! I would totally say yes to Dorothy treats any day!!!

 
At June 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Mel is such an awesome dad and hubby, and I'm so glad you have the privilege of experiencing that with him :) plus, you two obviously made a hella cute kid to boot. And Mel toooootally deserves some equally kick-ass ice cream to celebrate his awesomeness, and I'm prettyyy sure this fits the bill nicely. Nutter Butters and cookie dough and FAT. FREE. Get in my belleh!!

 
At June 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Sounds like my hubby of 36 years. We have 6 kids (we had 4 kids under 5) and Greg was always there to rescue me at the end of a long day. He was patient and helped with homework. He taught our sons how to be respectful men and he still calls our girls 'princess'. He is an awesome grandpa and has been by my side as we have traveled the road of life.
Treat him well--good men are hard to find!
Thanks for a fun post!
The ice cream looks delicious.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Cranberry Morning said...

Where on earth did you find that man! And I bet you could make some money cloning him. Just a thought. ;-)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 5:16 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

um if you say it's fat free, it is. that is the rules, and they cannot be changed;p

And what a good hubby, mine is good too, but only when I don't want to hurt him.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

That's for sure. :)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yeah, it did. Get in my belly. A lot. :)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL! I have those moments too Sue. I'm sure we all do! :)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

Sounds like you got a winner! :)

This ice cream is amazing! I want some right now!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ok, your hubby sounds just like mine but he's all about the all fat option :) love this ice cream idea, i just may use it!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

This is my kind of dessert!
I think I'll just stuff some Nutter Butters into a chocolate kinda ice cream and call it a day.
Scott likes to play with kids. I like to order kids around (hence my job). We're the best of both worlds.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I hope you enjoy!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I did, thank you! :)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Karyn said...

I could so have seconds of this dessert RIGHT NOW!!
When my daughter has driven me nuts all day, I put myself in a time-out and my husband will help out. Sometimes I don't know they just sit and play games together and when I try she's climbing all over me and jumping around. It's just fathers and daughters I guess...

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

fat free ice cream plus goodies still means it's fat free. totally agree with you! looks so delis, Dorothy!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Brenda said...

I love the fact that this is a fat-free dessert ... I believe that broken cookies don't count ... therefore, this is probably a calorie free dessert too ... at least in my dream world.

 
At June 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yes, yes it is. :)

 
At June 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sally!

 
At June 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband definitely sounds like a robot. haha. This dessert looks so good!

 
At June 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

This is an adorable post! And I love your logic that starting with fat free ice cream makes it a fat free dessert. Definitely using that...way too often :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 4:51 AM , Blogger The Cooking Actress said...

OMG yum!!! What a lucky fellow :). See, as annoying as it is to need to wait until we take photos to eat--I think it pays to be dating/married to a food blogger :P

 
At June 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Definitely! :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL, thanks. I do...too much.

 
At June 26, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Michelle Day said...

Sounds like you have an Amazing husband and Jordan has a Amazing daddy! You are both very blessed.
Can't wait to try this dessert, it looks super yummy and I love that it's fat free too, wink wink. Have a wonderful week :)

 
At June 29, 2012 at 3:59 AM , Blogger keri @ shaken together said...

How can I NOT make this? Cookie dough AND cookies? HEAVEN!! Thanks for sharing it this week!!

 
At July 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL, you must! Thanks so much Keri!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home