18 June 2012

Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Pin It

Hello everyone! Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday, where I talk too much and you link up some sweet treats!

I'm back! I feel way behind, of course, since my kid thinks the iPad is hers, so I barely got to read any blogs while I was in Phoenix. But the most important part is that we had a great time and we got home, more on that in a minute.

Before I blather on and on about stuff, let's pick a winner of the Lucky Leaf pie fillings and ice pop mold, shall we? The winner is ...  Lisa from Flour Me With Love!

Congratulations Lisa! Be sure to get me your info and I will send it off to Lucky Leaf.

Thanks to everyone for linking last week! Like I said before, I haven't been able to comment as much as I'd hoped. It was a fun vacation followed by a super crazy weekend.

I would like to send a shout-out to a Southwest ticket agent at the Phoenix airport. I wish I'd thought to get her name, but I was a little crazed at the time.

You see, our flight was delayed over four hours coming home. Which meant we'd be getting home after eleven at night, if we even got home at all. We've all been there before...flight is delayed. Then delayed more. Then cancelled. We knew what could happen.

And then that ticket agent worked her magic and got Jordan and I on the last available two seats to Sacramento that day, arriving at close to the original time. Of course, that meant Mel ended up getting a free extra nights stay in Phoenix and flying home Saturday morning.

But because we were able to get home Friday, as planned, I was still able to fulfill the cupcake order I had for Saturday morning (lesson learned: don't do that again) and Jordan got to go to the birthday party and going-away party we had that day. Phew.

So thanks blonde Southwest ticket agent. I heart you.

And now, since I've talked way too much...onto the features!


1.  Maple Bacon Biscuit Donuts by MorningNooNight. My favorite donut flavor!
2.  Goin' Fishing Cupcakes by A Kitchen Addiction. So simple, yet so cute! (And healthy, too.)
3.  Nanaimo Bar Ice Cream Cake by Addicted to Recipes. Um...coconut. Sold!
4.  Butterscotch Pecan Revel Bars by Stella B's Kitchen. *Swoon*

Thank you so much to everyone for linking last week. I hope to get caught up this week. (Yeah right, when does that ever happen?)

Let's get the party started!


{Okay, so one note before we start. Please...this is a sweets party. As much as I love dinner and salad and casseroles, I love sweets more. Which is why I have a whole party devoted to sugary desserts. I know mistakes happen, hey we've all linked a thing or two to the wrong party. Please know I will remove any non-dessert posts. Thank you so much!}

Happy Linking!


Labels:

33 Comments:

At June 18, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Deana said...

Thanks for hosting : )

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I am so glad you had a fun vacation away! But what a crazy ride home...that airline agent is awesome for working her magic and getting you home in time to do cupcakes. Yikes at the thought of being late or cancelled! Thank you so much for hosting the party! I can't wait to check out some sweets:-)

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM , Blogger kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Yea for the Southwest ticket agent!! Thanks for hosting your weekly party, Dorothy!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Karyn said...

Glad you're back and happy to heat that you had a super vacation.
Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a good week getting back to "normal".

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the party!!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Veronica LaChance said...

Thanks for featuring my donut recipe Dorothy! And it sounds like you had a whirlwind trip! Happy Sweet Tuesday :)

 
At June 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

What a crazy weekend! After the stressful trip hime a crazy busy weekend like that sounds exhausting! But, I'm so glad you had a nice time away ;) thanks for the sweet party!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I'm glad to hear your flight home worked out (being stuck in the airport stinks!). Welcome back and bring on the sweets! :0)

 
At June 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Blogger allisamazing said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Addicted to Recipes said...

Quite the adventure! Welome home, and thank you for the feature! It's my hubby's fav!!!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

Welcome back and thanks for hosting another party!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

I don't think the Healthy Banana Bread I posted today qualifies as a "treat". (I feel bad for the person it is a "treat" for. It's breakfast.) So I'll be late to the party on Wednesday. Until then, I think I'll just drool over the real treats that are going on here :)

 
At June 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM , Blogger keri @ shaken together said...

Okay, so believe it or not I don't even have a sweet treat to link up this week ... oh, but I will be back ;)

 
At June 19, 2012 at 2:33 AM , Anonymous sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

LOVING the features this week!! Thanks for hosting Dorothy!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Carolina HeartStrings said...

Great recipes again! I love Tuesdays at your house. We linked up a wonderful apple dumpling recipe. Delicious.

 
At June 19, 2012 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorothy, thank you for hosting!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for hosting Dorothy. Glad you made it back from you trip safely!!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Those goldfish cupcakes in your feature are so cute!!!! Thanks for hosting!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Thanks so much for hosting Dorothy and I'm so excited to have won! Have a wonderful week :)

 
At June 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dorothy, so glad you made it home, wow, I can't even imagine the stress, probably why we try to drive to all our vacations, hehe. Thanks for always throwing such a great party! I've given you an award so be sure to pop by and check it out!
http://chocolatechocolatemorechocolate.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

 
At June 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Oh mah god, I love those fishing cupcakes (which is weird since I am emotionally against fish after fainting at the fish hatchery and since the smell makes me a mad woman). SO making those for Jessie's dad. Glad you're back, btw!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Donna Elick said...

I have flown quite a few airlines, but I always come back to SW. I live in Phoenix, so that is the most logical choice anyway. Hope you had a great visit. My family was just here visiting and managed to get home before it hit 110.

This is my first time on your site. Love it!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks for partying Veronica!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks for coming!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You too Jerri!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Believe me, I'm against them too. But Goldfish rock. :) Thanks Hayley, I hope his dad likes them. :)

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Welcome and thanks for visiting! Even through the trials, I always go back to Southwest. Oh, I remember those 110 days...

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You must get on that, lol. :) Thanks for coming anyway Keri!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Aw, thanks! That sounds wonderful!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Hollie!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm, they all look so yummy!

Thank you for hosting the hop once again. Listed here: http://bloghops.olahmomma.com/bloghop/tuesday.

Have a delightful day!

The Quiet Mom blogging (and following you): http://olahmomma.com/blog/dairy-free-chocolate-crepes-flax-seed-recipe

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Robyn said...

Dorothy
The last month our life has been crazy busy. I haven't been keeping up with foodie blogging, but I have a recipe today! I hope you enjoy a slice of Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake with Oreo Almond Crust!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home