01 May 2012

Teacher Appreciation Ideas {Free Printables}

I know, no dessert concoction. Weird. It kinda perplexed me too.

Next week is National Teacher Appreciation week (May 7-11, 2012). Having been a high school teacher where no one appreciates you, I always try to do a little something for Jordan's teachers this week.

This year, I'm the head of the PTC Hospitality Committee at my school. Which kinda means if there's going to be any sort of teacher appreciation, I'm in charge.

Spoiler Alert!! If you happen to be Jordan's teacher or you happen to work at her school...maybe don't keep reading? It's up to you...you've been warned.

So, anyway. I'm in charge of teacher appreciation this year. For the entire staff. Thank God for Pinterest.



There are so many themes one can choose when doing teacher appreciation: beach, flowers, camping, luau, the list goes on. I chose a "movie star" theme...because our teachers are the "stars" of our school.



On Monday, the teachers will get an "invitation" to enjoy the week, with some chocolate stars. I used this mold to make white chocolate, white chocolate pretzel, and milk chocolate krispie stars. {Note to self: if you are making 70 stars times three, maybe get two molds. Just an idea.}

Then, throughout the week, the teachers (and staff too) will get some goodies in their boxes and in the staff lounge.

Inspiration from here.
A bag of peanuts (or you could use any nuts) that says "We're NUTS about our teachers!"  {Click here for printable.}


A bag of seeds (I got mine super cheap here) with a label that says "Thanks for giving us the SEEDS to help us grow into stars!" {Click here for printable.}

Inspiration from here.
I'm going to leave a bag of microwave popcorn for each teacher in the lounge, with a label that says "For a very POP!ular teacher!" {Click here for printable. Please note that this printable is made to fit address labels that go with Avery template 8160.}

Inspiration from here.

Along with the popcorn, I'm going to leave water bottles and lemonade drink mix that say "Thanks for helping quench our kids' thirst for knowledge!" {Click here for printable. Please note this printable is made to fit a shipping label sized 2"x4" and will fit Avery template 5263.}

I'm also throwing a continental breakfast, a luncheon, and a cupcake buffet.

You know, because I'm crazy.

{About teachers! Of course. What did you think I meant?}

The upside is I have lots of things to bake. And that means lots of things to share with all of you!

How are you appreciating your teachers next week?





I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I'm Lovin' it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff, and all of these too!

Labels:

38 Comments:

At May 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Oh my gosh, I sure you have help getting all of that done!! I know the teachers will SOOO appreciate it, though. What great ideas; I'll have to use some of these for the teachers at my son's preschool. Thanks!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger KristaSal said...

Ohhhh, I may steal some of these Dorothy for Scout Leader stuff. :-)

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger KristaSal said...

Krista Sal.

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Ashley! I have help bringing food for the luncheon and a couple of lovely ladies helped me assemble the stuff, thank goodness. :) Have a great night!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Of course Krista! Feel free... :)

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

You were a high school teacher?? Props to you! I'm scared of high schoolers.
I know I'm not a teacher but can I come to the cupcake buffet?
Your daughter's teachers are lucky to have you ;)

 
At May 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Laura | A Healthy Jalapeño said...

These are adorable. I work with Girl Scouts and this would work just as perfectly with volunteers and leaders as it does teachers. Thanks so much.

 
At May 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dorothy, theses are all fantastic ideas, thanks for the reminder. My kids have some of the best teachers in the world and I'll be using a few of these ideas to show them some love!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog lately and really enjoying it. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award http://foodiebefit.com/2012/05/01/versatile-blogger-award/ ;)

 
At May 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Having been a teacher, I'm glad you can see the value of teachers! Last year, I think I got a cookie and lemonade delivered to me. This year, they better go all out...all week long. :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What inventive ideas! I wish I had you as a resource when I was still giving teacher gifts.

PS...thanks again for the fabulous inspiration from your cheesecake pops!!! You are awesome :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 5:26 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

oh that is so fun, and I totally get you with the molds, having a few helps, but it sucks if you buy them and don't plan to use them again. I would never be a teacher, I would probably kill a kid within a week.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Giiiiirl, you crazy! How do you even FUNCTION?! But I'm sure the teachers will love it and it'll be well-worth your time and energy. This is such a cute idea; I should do it for my dad's teaching department at the high school :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Mindy said...

Ooooh, good ideas. I've been trying to come up with something for my son's kindergarten teacher. I was leaning toward baking something and a bouquet from the yard. :o)
I had no idea you used to be a high school teacher. Glutton for punishment, eh? :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

As a former middle school teacher I would have LOVED this from our parents!! I can't wait to see what you make and share this week! Very lucky bunch of teachers...Go forth. Do great things, my friend! :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Julie said...

This is all so cute! Having also be an under-appreciated high school teacher, I totally salute you! There should be some sort of society for us dessert loving, former high school teachers. We can eat cake and make lame education jokes that no one thinks are funny but us.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Heather @ A Cupcake Love Affair said...

Not sure what to think to stop by and not read about a dessert! :) Just wanted to let you knot that I just nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. Check it out at http://cupcakeloveaffair.blogspot.com/2012/05/another-award-im-versatile-blogger.html. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Heather
www.cupcakeloveaffair.blogspot.com

 
At May 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL! We totally should. :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Ellen! I would have loved a simple thank you from my kids' parents...never got that or nice goodies. So I like to pay it forward. :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Coffee and chocolate. Oh, and RHOC. :) I bet his department would love it!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL! I really could never teach little kids. I couldn't handle it. :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

For sure! Thanks for reading!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually celebrated teacher appreciation day today at our school! I am room mom for 2 of my kids' classes, so I had too come up with my own gifts. As a school, we collect money from the kids and give them the money we collect. They really like this. But I can't just give someone an envelope of money. So I came up with a cute idea. I filled a jar (happened to be a small vase I found at walmart, because it was cheaper than a jar) with Hershey kisses and hugs. On the bottom of each kiss and hug I stuck a round sticker on it with a Childs name from the class. Then I attached a note that said " a bunch and kisses and a sprinkle of hugs too, just to say a big thank you!" and inside the notecard was their money (over $100 for each teacher!). Needless to say they loved it!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so incredibly cute. No such appreciation day here in the UK but fantastic presents for the end of term.

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

 
At May 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Little Sister said...

What great ideas! You know that Friendship Amish Cinnamon Bread that you pass around in the baggies? I'm going to make it into muffins and send with my kids for their teachers on Monday! :) Yum, yum!
~Amy

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a great gift! Very creative. And so much for each teacher too, that's great. :) Thanks for reading!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a great idea! They'll love it. :)

 
At May 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Fantastic ideas!!!!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! :)

 
At May 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Yay for free printables!! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I've Done Thursday a success!

 
At May 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a great way to recognize teachers!

 
At May 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Boy... I'd better get crackin on these teacher gifts. It's my first time for the oldest. Thanks for the great printables.

 
At May 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! These are so thoughtful and cute. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

How great! I hope you will link up to my Teacher Appreciation Linky Party going on now.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/05/teacher-appreciation-linky-party.html

 
At May 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the team leader for my group of teachers--teachers of 3 year olds. How can I recognize my team. Any ideas?

 
At May 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Any little thing would make them happy, I'm sure! Breakfast, coffee, even a cupcake. Or even just a little note from each kid. Good luck!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger amy and jesse hudson said...

So cute. I need to get my act together and come up with something for my little girl's teachers :)

 
At May 11, 2012 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Absolutely love these! I need to bookmark for next year for the daycare teachers.

 
At May 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Claire @ Gemini Nutrition said...

Thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing what projects you are going to link up this week.

Claire x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home