29 April 2012

White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip & A Tea Party


Ever since I saw this post (which lead me to this book) I have wanted to host a tea party for Jordan and her doll, Jenny. After our lunch at the American Girl Store, I wanted to do it even more.

So, when Donsuemor contacted me about having a tea party with their madeleines, I immediately knew what I wanted to do.

Back in October, I was a part of Donsuemor's "Dessert a Day" campaign where I made these babies out of the chocolate madeleines. For the tea party, they sent me a variety of flavors to serve, along with some Davidson's Organic Tea.

Now I knew I was going to serve madeleines at the tea party. But this is me we're talking about, so I couldn't not make a dessert. But I wanted to make something that would highlight the flavor of the madeleines, not upstage them. What to make?


Thanks to Ashton, I always think about dip. (If you read her blog, you'll understand and should be nodding in agreement.)

In my yummy madeleine box I had the traditional flavor, plus chocolate dipped, chocolate, and lemon. I immediately thought of white chocolate, which lead me to cheesecake. White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip. It's irresistable. The madeleines tasted SO good dipped in it. So did a spoon. Seriously, I had to freeze the leftover because I was afraid to have it in my refrigerator.

And, let's talk for a minute. I'm a chocolate girl. I love chocolate. And vanilla. I most certainly do not love lemon. In fact, I'd never even had a lemon dessert until I was craving lemon pie last year and loved it. So, of course, I sampled all the madeleines and was expecting to love the chocolate one the most. Wrong. Guess which one is the best flavor ever?

Yup, the lemon.


While the kids had tea time, my friend and I did too. It had been really hot the weekend before our party, so I made iced tea. Vanilla Cream Spice and Bing Cherry Almond. My kitchen smelled wonderful during brewing and it tasted even better! Did you know it's super easy to make iced tea from tea bags? (I didn't.) You just use two tea bags for each cup of water, boil them for a minute, and then let it steep for at least 20 minutes. Serve over ice with lemon wedges and a simple syrup for sweeter tea. 

Jordan invited a friend over for the tea. Turns out, her friend has the same doll she does. I decided to make some finger sandwiches and fruit for the girls; treats only go so far. But, of course, Jenny and Emily needed to have their own snacks.


When I cut up the kid sandwiches, I just cut one of the wedges in little tiny triangles. I cut little tiny carrot sticks from baby carrots, and broke off little squares of Wheat Thins. (Thanks to Family Fun Magazine for the ideas!)


There's Jenny, enjoying her madeleine.


That's Emily. She at all her sandwiches. She must've been hungry!

The kids had so much fun at the tea party, Jordan has been begging to do it again every day. She wants to have every single friend over for tea. So as I write this, tea party II has just ended. Alas, there were no madeleines left.


One guess where they went.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip

by Crazy for Crust


Ingredients
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 box (3.4 ounces) cheesecake pudding mix (dry, without milk)
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 3 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled (plus an extra ½ ounce for garnish, if desired)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 tablespoons milk (or more, for desired consistency)
Instructions
  1. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the pudding mix, powdered sugar, and white chocolate and beat until combined. Mix in vanilla and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
  2. Store in refrigerator, but serve at room temperature. If desired, you can grate more white chocolate on top before serving. Serving suggestions: cookies, fruit, madeleines or other small sweets.
Powered by Recipage

For more information on Donsuemor, visit their website. Or, you can like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter. To purchase their yummy madeleines and little cakes, you can shop online or check your local Costco, I know they have them in mine.



Stuff I gotta write: Donsuemor provided me with the madeleines and tea for my tea party. All opinions expressed about the tea or the madeleines are completely my own. :)







I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I'm Lovin' it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff, and all of these too!

Labels: , ,

38 Comments:

At April 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what an awesome idea. as well as cheesecake dip, well hello there! you had me a white chocolate :)

 
At April 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

What a great mom you are! I love that you had a tea party - that is so much fun. This version of dip is the most tempting one to me so far. I love white chocolate and I love the idea of dipping strawberries in it. Or how about a shortbread cookie? Is a madeleine a shortbread cookie?

 
At April 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

Dorothy - i LOVE the sounds of this dip! i am a dip fanatic.... and i just love your peanut butter football dip (haven't made that yet! maybe next superbowl!!). i need to try this one! PS: i've made iced tea from tea bags before. it is SO easy,you're right!

 
At April 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dorothy, how cute, I want to come for a tea party too! And that dip, OMGee! I'm going to have to find something around the house to dip in it, I have all the ingredients, not a good thing when I might just be thinking about a snack!

 
At April 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

This is so adorable! I love that you made iced tea. (I've been brewing mine in the sun, now that it's officially summer here in Arizona.) And, white chocolate cheesecake...in dip form?! I could eat that entire bowl!

 
At April 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ok well you KNOW I would just LOVE this post so much! I am inviting myself over for tea w/ you and your "girls"! What great memories tea time can bring.....I will FOR SURE find these madeleines and purchase them b/c if they are good enough for YOUR time tea then they are good enough for me! YUM!

 
At April 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Karyn said...

Tea parties with the girls is always fun. I so want to throw an all out Fancy Nancy Party for my daughter and completely deck out the party. But alas, I am too lazy... maybe during the summer... Maybe when she is 10 and can do a lot of the work ;)

 
At April 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Well, obviously, the dolls ate them. Duh.
I'm bookmarking this dip. Non-food-bloggers are ridiculously impressed with such things. I might be able to take it somewhere in the future :)

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Bird Stalker Photography said...

Love the tea party idea, would be fun for mothers day! The dip looks yummy will have to give a try :)

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

OMG, so cute! I am all over this dip and I am positive Jordan and Jenny loved it as well :) and I tooootally want a lemon madeline! Mmm..

 
At April 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Katherines Corner said...

I love everything about this delicious post!! Hopping over from Judy's creative Monday. Hugs!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

Oh my that sounds good

 
At April 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

This is absolutely my kind of dip! Love it! Bookmarking it! Making it!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm thinking my daughter needs a tea party with her doll just so I can eat lots of this yummy dip! And by eat it I just mean by the spoonfuls since I don't have any of those awesome cookies to dunk:-)

 
At April 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

What a great idea! I wonder if I can set up something similar for my little boy and his Super Mario figurines? I bet having a little girl is so much fun!!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

1. I am a chocolate girl too but on occasion lemon gets me!
2. Tiny food is the cutest and I swear it tastes better :)
3. Cheesecake Dip??? Heaven help me!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM , Anonymous Stephanie Durdan said...

Aw!!! When my daughter was around 9, (she is almost 21 now!) we had a slumber party. As part of it we had a tea party. My sister painted goblets with flowers and each girls name as a party favor. We had fruit shishkabobs and all sorts of goodies. The girls dressed in party dresses and it was on our patio under a party tent. It was one of the best parties ever. Thanks for bringing back those memories with this blog posting! :-)

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Ha, thanks Karen! (Me too!)

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sally! I love dips too. A spoon is my favorite dipper!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Ah, summer in Arizona. I remember that. We're going in June, eeks. :) Thanks so much for your comment!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This sounds and looks amazing! I got to do a tea party too...what fun :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Trish! I knew you might like it. :) She'll have plenty of memories - tea parties are in abundance around here right now!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

They are SOOOO good. I'm afraid to buy them in bulk at Costco. Must only do that when 100 people are coming over...

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yes, you could use chocolate and call it a mud party. Use the figurines to dip. :) Ha!

 
At April 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a fun party! I want to do something like that this summer. Although a slumber might be a little much (for me, not Jordan). :) Thanks for reading!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Carrie B said...

We had a tea party yesterday... though yours looks like it was much more fun! We had crumpets with jam. I love the looks of this dip... and I want to just polish it off with my spoon!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Nicole Dion said...

Great post Dorothy! Glad the party went well and the madeleines & tea were well received. :D

 
At May 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Lisa Boyle said...

This looks awesome! Can my daughter come join you next time? lol. She would love it. White Chocolate is one of my absolute favorites. You have inspired me! :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" :-)))

 
At May 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Donsuemor said...

So glad your kids enjoyed it! We were thrilled to have you participate, and cannot wait to try your White Chocolate dip for ourselves.

 
At May 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Dorothy--that is a great idea!! He would love it!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is too cute! That dip sounds amazing. I definitely have to try this with my daughter. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Nicole! :)

 
At May 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you! It was a lot of fun, and oh, those madeleines are SO good. :)

 
At May 2, 2012 at 6:56 AM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

I missed this somehow!! I've actually been working on a cheesecake dip too (HUGE surprise, I'm sure, that we've been planning the same dessert!), but I haven't gotten it to how I like it yet! I'll link to you if I ever get it up :)

Love this-- super cute as always! And your dip looks awesome!!

 
At May 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Veronica LaChance said...

Such a cute party and of course.... the dip looks amazing!! YUM!

 
At May 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Me And My Sweets said...

Yum Yum!!! I just found your blog on Mrs Foxs Sweets. I'll host a party every month with a different theme and would love you to join! Please visit my blog for more information on "My Sweet Party" post uploaded 2nd of May.

http://www.meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

Johanna

 
At May 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Dip It In Chocolate said...

This looks so amazing!! If you have leftovers you can just send them my way. BTW- I love your link parties because they're *ALL* sweets. The rest is just fluff anyways; who needs it? :)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks! I love all sweets. They are the only ones that catch my eye!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home