13 April 2012

Whatever Friday

Friday...it's finally Friday. Why is it that short weeks often feel so looooong?

Did y'all have a fun week? Eat fun foods? Watch good TV?

Here's what I did this week:

1. Speaking of good TV...I started running again by watching Glee. We just signed up for Netfix instant and I think it is going to revolutionize my workouts. (And now I can kick myself for not watching that show before now.)

2. I showed you an embarrassing picture of me.


3. I got all high-and-mighty about a closet.


4. And I pretended to be a good mom by letting my daughter make a pie and then using it for self-gain by posting about it:


5. Yesterday I accompanied my daughter's first grade class to the Zoo. In the rain. And no, not just some rain. RAIN.

This was the weather map when we arrived at the zoo:


Luckily, by the time the (indoor) animal show was over, the rain stopped. It was cold and muddy, but dry. Whew.

And, I didn't call them all a bunch of little a******s like my mom did when I was Jordan's age. I survived the bus ride with Dramamine and the field trip with vodka in a water bottle.

{Just kidding, of course. Dramamine makes me sleepy.}

6. The hives are back, intermittently. So intermittent, in fact, that the doctor wants to see them...but they are never there long enough. Sigh. Hopefully today after school they will either be there, or be gone.

7.  Tonight I get to have dinner with Ellen and Jacqueline and Hayley! I am so super excited. There's gonna be fun food, friends, and of course, since it's at Ellen's house, there will be booze.

Are you doing anything fun this weekend? Don't do anything I wouldn't do...like karaoke.

(((Hugs)))

Labels:

16 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL I can so see myself calling the kids "a$#%^$%^s" on a school trip, as it is it takes everything in me not to grab and push the kids that don't listen. I am so not meant to look after other peoples kids. And those leg warmers are hot, I must have missed that pic. How cool would it have been to wear those on the trip and then call the kids names? Memories for your kids blog I tell ya!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Sophie said...

I'm having my first Sweet Saturday link party tomorrow! I'd {{{LOVE}}} if you stopped by!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

You just make me laugh. I'm so glad that we've become blogging buddies. Just wish we lived closer, I could see us totally karokeing together :o)

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Shoutforfood said...

Wow those look delicious!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

You went to the zoo yesterday?! Holy cow, how did you survive?! It was INSANE out. I literally thought our houses were going to rip out of the ground and spin around like in The Wizard of Oz. Or a giant tsunami would hit us like in The Day After Tomorrow. You know, realistic stuff.
Some things: A) I love the alligator pie and think it's SO CUTE; and B) I can't wait for tonight! I hope there is no karaoke because I don't think I can handle it.

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Julie said...

So, I don't know the back story on your hives, BUT, as the allergy QUEEN, I suggest taking pictures of them. I know that sounds weird. But hives are never there when the doctor is, so pictures are second best. It took AGES for me to get a good diagnosis on mine, and the pictures are finally what helped. (end unsolicited advice). :-)

 
At April 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

Yay! Can't wait for you to come for cocktails, dinner and dessert tonight!! And, you'll be glad there is vodka in the cupcakes, too. :)

 
At April 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Totally me neither. I'm more of a "maybe I'll take care of just my own" today kinda person (if even that). :) Thanks so much for reading Sue!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I couldn't believe it Hayley, on the way there in the bus it was raining buckets. But by the time we finished our animal show (indoors) the rain stopped! SO thankful 'cause I would've been a total b**** otherwise. :)

 
At April 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I totally am going to do that Julie! I thought of it (finally) after a week. Luckily so far this afternoon I haven't seen any...let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way! Thanks so much!!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

AWESOME. :) And I can eat those and still drive home!

 
At April 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh, sorry about your hives. Hope you manage to get them seen by the doc and get a correct diagnosis or take a photo if they're not there long enough. Looks like you've had a great week baking wise and that photo so isn't embarassing, lol. Have a fun weekend!

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

 
At April 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

You can chaperone my field trip this week (the Alaska History Museum...oooooo, ahhhh...) as long as you bring that water bottle.
Are you sure they're hives? I had an odd rash once (and only once) for about a month and it was diagnosed as stress+a cold virus.
Have a great weekend and I hope your weather improves!

 
At April 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just adore reading your blog! I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award that had been so graciously passed on to me. Love your summary of the week!

 
At April 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM , Blogger beti said...

awww that alligator pie is extremely cute! what a lovely idea for kids and a perfect way to have fun

 
At April 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so ready for this weekend...and I wasn't at a zoo in the rain, in charge of children. You win the extra glass of wine award for the weekend. It's totally a thing :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home