06 April 2012

Whatever Friday

Happy Friday y'all! I'm actually kinda sad it's Friday...because that means Spring Break is almost over. But, hey, the way things are going, it'll be summer before I know it.

Anyhoo...here's what happened this week...

1. I went on a little vaca, and in my absence I had some supercalafabulicious posts for you.


Ashton shared her Pie Crust Bark. (She's a dessert superhero disguised as a mom, you know.)


And Hayley shared her Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes. (She's my superfabulous baking neighbor!)

2. Then I came home and posted the most fabulous chocolatey goodness ever made. Seriously. 10 seconds in the microwave and you will be forever in my debt.


3. Where did I go that I required guest posters? First we spent a couple days in San Diego seeing my husband's brother and his family. Jordan's only young (second) cousin is there and it was so cute seeing them together. He's almost two and followed her around everywhere, much to her delight. Anytime she can tell someone what to do and they're happy about it, she's in her element.

Of course, her ongoing tummy ache was still bothering her so I took her to an urgent care. (She has a really high tolerance for pain so I'm always worried that something serious is happening and she just doesn't feel it.) He didn't find anything wrong but he gave us some nasty medicine to help with the cramping. Turns out she's allergic to it. Now she has hives. (And our longer-than-a-month illness saga continues...)

4. After San Diego we went to LA for a few days. We did touristy things like the Santa Monica Pier, the Hollywood sign and walk of fame, and the American Girl Store.

What, not everyone pays to have lunch with a doll?



{Actually, I think that, if your daughter is into American Girl, it's a really cute way to spend the day. Think of it like lunch with the Princesses at Disneyland, but more girly and with doll chairs. It was totally worth the price; the food was great and the time spent together was even better. They had table topics questions that we could ask each other and we went through the entire box. Two thumbs up from Jordan, Jenny, and me.}

5. I'm going to an 80s themed girls night tonight. It will involve leggings, hot pink, and lots of hairspray. Although I will not be dressing like Tamra, thankyouverymuch. That look is good on no one.

6. While my daughter build a sand castle in Santa Monica, I did my own sand art and thought I'd share it with you:


Happy weekend everyone! Have a wonderful Easter and I'll see ya' next week. xoxo

Labels:

21 Comments:

At April 6, 2012 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Milena Andrade said...

Hello, that lovely site!
I loved your recipes and how put each of them, congratulations!
Therefore, I will become a follower!
Kisses. (Brazil)

http://www.cozinha-doce.blogspot.com.br

 
At April 6, 2012 at 5:17 AM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

Love it! Jealous of the beach though. No beaches in Ohio. Well, therer are, just crappy ones!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

I cannot believe she got hives too! That's out of control.

And I meant to comment and never did-- your mud hen bars look SO AMAZING. I've never actually had them, but now I'm thinking I can't live without them...

 
At April 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope Jordan starts to feel better soon!!!

craftingforbliss.blogspot.com

 
At April 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Have a fantastic vacation! Pie Crust Bark? Holy crud! Yum!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Glad you had a fun trip! If I ever have a daughter, I'm buying two dolls. One for her, one for me. I was deprived of such things. (Honestly, I really just wanted to play with all of Samantha's accessories. I don't think I cared about the idea of the doll.)

 
At April 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

So so cute! I always make sand signs when I'm at the beach, too. Glad American Girl store and lunch went well!! I was wondering if they'd serve doll food. You know... cause it's a doll store and all. Nevermind.
Also, thanks for letting me guest post! I am so glad everyone accepted me. Haha.

 
At April 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips said...

I am so jealous - I want to go to an 80's party!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

Sounds so fun! And, my daughters would love a lunch with their American Girl Dolls. I've heard it's a fun thing to do! Your daughter is a cutie pie:)

 
At April 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh your poor girl, I hope she is feeling better soon, or at least they can figure it out. And great pictures:)

 
At April 7, 2012 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Karyn said...

Item 5 definitely explains the picture on Instagrams the other night.... Looks like vacation was a lot of fun!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! And I hope Jordan gets feeling better soon--nothing worse for a mama than a kiddo under the weather. =( Have a great Easter!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's been so nuts around my ranch lately that this was GREAT to see an awesome recap of the week here...yummy and FANTASTIC as always. BTW...you and your daughter are CUTIE PIES!!! Sounds like you had a great time and much deserved break. Happy EAster.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Cassidy said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I have heard that American Girl store is pretty awesome. Too bad I have all boys :/

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you! :) The hives are finally gone.

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I thought they would, but no. They just gave her a little mug. I guess she's on a diet, like everyone else who lives in LA. Your post got tons of hits!

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

We should totally do an online one. That would be so much fun! 80s themed food...cool hairdos...

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sue! The hives are finally gone, with meds. Hopefully when I stop giving them to her they won't come back! :)

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Ashley! She's doing better, thank goodness. :)

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Trish! It was nice to have a break; sorry to be back to the grind. I hope the nuttiness ends soon for you!

 
At April 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Cassidy! Maybe they'll build a Star Wars store with breakfast with R2D2... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home