As a Christmas gift, Jordan's teacher had the kids make calendars. Each month has a theme. April's theme is "Alligator Pie," complete with a song and a recipe.
So I couldn't resist doing this...
Alligator pie, Alligator pie...
If I don't get some...
I think I'm gonna die!
Give away the green grass,
Give away the sky,
But don't you give away my Alligator pie!
(Song by Dennis Lee)
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix (large size)
- Milk amount called for on box
- Green Food Coloring
- Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and white chocolate chips for decoration (or similar items)
- Pour milk and pudding mix into a large bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in a few drops of green food coloring and a large spoonful of Cool Whip.
- Pour into a graham cracker crust (homemade or store bought). Chill or freeze, depending on what kind of pie you feel like.
- When you are ready to serve, gather your decorations and remove pie from fridge/freezer. (If frozen, you will need to let it thaw a few minutes before the decorations will stick.) Slice and decorate with chocolate chip eyes, peanut butter chip nostrils, and white chocolate chip teeth.
- Eat the alligator before he eats you!
Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.