26 January 2012

Oreo Crust Mix {Heart Munch}



I have a wild imagination.

When I was a kid, I imagined fires and bad people everywhere (I was afraid of the dark.)

I also had an imaginary friend who I would have full conversations with. I would also hire new imaginary friends and fire the old ones. (Hmmm...issues?)

Nowadays, my imagination runs toward food.

It's all I can think about.

On the treadmill, while watching TV, while driving. I think about desserts and how I can give ones I've seen my own twist. I brainstorm. I try to come up with new ideas.

When I said I wanted to give crust to more things, I meant it.

Now, crust is invading my Chex Mix.


Yep, I put some crust in there. Oreo crust, to be exact.

And white chocolate Chex and M&Ms. Because everything is better with M&Ms.


The Elf Munch I made at Christmas was so popular, I decided to package some of it up and call it Heart Munch.

The kids loved it. I took it to the park. The moms loved it too.


I made the tags the same was as with the Elf Munch. I put the munch in a fold-top sandwich baggie, stapled it closed, and attached the tags with tape. Super easy.

If you want the printable, click HERE. (Hopefully it'll actually work this time. Please let me know if it doesn't!)

I hope my wild imagination is making you happy. Except for the fact that I can't think about anything but food, I'm enjoying it okay.


Enjoy!

I am sharing this recipe with the Virtual Valentine Party at the Dollhouse Bake Shoppe. The party is on February 5th. Go check it out!

Oreo Crust Mix {Heart Munch}

Ingredients:
12 Oreos
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 cups Chex mix (any flavor, I used Rice Chex)
1 cup M&Ms (I used Valentine’s colors, but you don’t have to!)

Directions:
1.       Finely crush the Oreos in a food processor. Mix with the melted butter. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and press the Oreo mixture into a thin layer. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes. Cool and chill before breaking into pieces.
2.       Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between. Place Chex in a large bowl and pour melted chocolate over the top. Stir and spread out in a single layer on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Let harden.
3.       Assemble your mix: carefully break crust into bite-sized pieces. Break apart white chocolate Chex. Mix all in a large bowl and stir in M&Ms. Serve in a large bowl or portion into baggies for single servings.

Yield: about 8 – ½ cup servings.


Have a Linky Party you want me to join? Add it HERE.
These are the fabulous parties I link to each week:
MondayMingle Monday (Add a Pinch), Joy of DessertsCreative Monday (Clairejustineoxox), Mix it Up Monday (Flour Me With Love), Things that make you say mmmm Monday (Cooking with Karyn), Mop it Up Mondays (I should be mopping the floors). Tuesday2 Maids a Baking (2 Maids a Milking), Tea Party Tuesdays (Sweetology), Mushki Loves My Stuff (Mushki Loves), Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box), Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training), Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life), Let's Do Brunch (My Sweet & Savory), One Stop Shop Linky (The Southern Product Queen). WednesdayMrs. Fox's Sweet Party (Mrs. Fox's Sweets) Made It On Monday (Lark's Country Heart), This Chick CooksCast Party Wednesday (Lady Behind the Curtain), Famous Linkz Par-tay (Made-Famous-By), Bakes with Bizzy (Bizzy Bakes), Whip it Up Wednesday (Crockpot Ladies).  ThursdaySweet Treats Thursday (Something Swanky), Chic-and-Crafty (Frugal Girls), Turning the Table Thursdays (Around My Family Table), Tasty Thursday (The How-To Mommy), Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh), Sweet Temptations (Talking Dollars and Cents), Taking a Timeout Thursday (Mom on Timeout), Things I've Done Thursday (BearRabbitBear), (RHW Recipe Round-Up) The Real Housewives of Riverton. FridaySweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog), Foodie Friday (Not Your Ordinary Recipes), Dwell on JoyFun Finds Friday (Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons). SaturdayCountry Mom CooksSweets for a Saturday (Sweet as Sugar Cookies), Seasonal Inspiration (Crumbs and Chaos). SundayA Well-Seasoned Life,Sharing Sundays (Everyday Sisters), Strut your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters' Stuff), Seasonal/Occasional Linkys: Moms Crazy CookingSouthern Mom CooksCheap Crafty MommaSusie QT

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home