05 November 2010

The Easiest Beans


This is the simplest recipe ever. And it's SO tasty, you'll never go back to canned refried beans again.

I really wanted to make myself a taco salad a few weeks ago but ran out of canned refried beans.  I really wanted that salad, so I went to the internet. I found this recipe on Pinch-My-Salt, a blog that I follow. I used black beans (my favorite) and one bite in I knew I had a keeper recipe. The only problem I see with this recipe is that I eat the whole thing. Even though beans are good for you, somehow I don't think eating a whole can in at one time is!

You can add cheese and use it for chip dipping, as shown in the photo. Or, make a taco salad by crumbling up the chips and adding shredded lettuce. Or use them in your favorite recipe.  However you choose to use them, they are delicious!

Happy Friday!

The Easiest Beans
Ingredients:
1 can (14.5 oz) black or pinto beans
2 cloves garlic, pressed in a garlic press
1-2 tablespoons canola oil (or use bacon grease, as Pinch-My-Salt did)
Salt and pepper to taste
Salsa or hot sauce, if you wish

Add the oil and crushed garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Cook for just about 30 seconds, then add your beans, with their liquid.  Use a potato masher to crush the beans to your desired consistency. (If you prefer a dryer refried bean, add less liquid.)  Cook for a few minutes until bubbly.  Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want a spicy bean, add some salsa or hot sauce. Enjoy, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home