19 October 2010

You Had Me At...

Cinnamon Sugar.  It's like the line in the movie Jerry Maguire: "you had me at hello." I hear "cinnamon sugar" and my mouth is watering.

Cinnamon sugar toast. Cinnamon sugar on a tortilla. Recently one of the blogs I read posted a recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti (Joy the Baker; and YES those are on my list of "to make").

When I was making my blackberry pies my daughter had a friend over and was begging for cookies. Not wanting to get out another whole set of ingredients, I remembered a treat from my childhood: cinnamon sugar on pie dough.

Needless to say these were a HUGE hit with the kids. And even hubby liked them (and indulged on a few along with his skinny cow ice cream cup).


Roll out your pie crust, spread with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.


Roll the crust tightly. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least an hour.


Slice and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on width.


 As hard as they are to resist, let them cool so you don't burn your mouth!  :) Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home