09 May 2012

Biscoff Pretzel Toffee Bark


My mom is awesome. Really, she is. She's taught me so much and I'm so thankful for her.

Enter this list:

Everything I Ever Needed To Know About Life I Learned From My Mom

1. Not to sweat the small stuff. (That's what Dads are for.)

2. To always be nice. (Obviously.)

3. To be confident. My mom was a great example of confidence. After all, she was always right! (Ha, just kidding mom.) I'm not too good at this one yet, but I'm trying.

4. To love myself. Because if I don't, who will?

5. To always question everything. Like, say, if there is a sign at an amusement park that says "Don't push the red button!" you should always press it, just to see what happens. (Like, maybe you'll get water squirted in the face, but hey, it's okay.)

{That actually happened. Have you ever been to the Flinstone's RV Park near the Grand Canyon?}

6. She taught me what a good marriage is (and thanks to my dad for that, also).

7. To always try new things.


Like Biscoff. Or Speculoos Cookie Butter.

8. She taught me to follow rules. And to be imaginative. And good at math.


Did you know that Biscoff + White Chocolate = Liquid Gold?

Now you're a mathematician too!

9. She taught me that nothing is ever too sweet.


Not even saltine toffee that has biscoff (or TJs cookie butter) white chocolate gold all over it.

10. She taught me how to laugh at myself and how not to take oneself too seriously...although I'm still working on those too.

That's not all my mom taught me. She's taught me way more things. Like how to bake a cake. And how to eat an entire box of See's Candy in one sitting.

You know, all the important things. ;)

Love you mom!



Biscoff Pretzel Toffee Bark

by Crazy for Crust
(Inspired by Sweet Treats & More)

Ingredients
  • 24 saltine crackers
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • ½ cup Biscoff or Speculoos Spread (from Trader Joe’s)
  • 8 ounces white chocolate chips or almond bark
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a small cookie sheet or a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Line pan with the saltine crackers.
  2. Place brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it comes to a boil, then turn to low and boil for 3 minutes without stirring. Pour immediately over crackers. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
  3. While crackers are baking, place Biscoff and white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat about 1 ½ - 2 minutes until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
  4. Remove cracker toffee from oven and spread Biscoff mixture evenly. Sprinkle with pretzels. Cool for about 30 minutes and then place in refrigerator to harden. When ready to serve, remove foil and break into pieces.
Powered by Recipage


What fun things did you learn from your Mom?





I link up to all of these fabulous parties each week!
Tea Party Tuesdays at Sweetology, Talent Show Tuesday at Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat Tuesday at Inside BruCrew Life, Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Treats Thursday at Something Swanky, Chic-and-Crafty at the Frugal Girls, Tastetastic Thursday at A Little Nosh, Sweet Tooth Friday at Alli-n-sons, I'm Lovin' it Fridays at TidyMom, Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, A Well-Seasoned LifeStrut your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff, and all of these too!

Labels: , ,

44 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Fantastic idea! If I had enough money, I'd have a whole pantryful of Biscoff.

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never ever see Biscoff. I want some!!!! what does it taste like? I am picturing cookie dough? ? Yummy!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

Love love love Biscoff! And on top of saltine toffee?? Genius!!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Karyn said...

Oh..... oh...... wow! Yum! I don't have enough Biscoff left to make this. But I know where to get some more :)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

What a cute post about your awesome mama :) she raised one spectacular daughter, I must say! And OMG, the saltines in this must make the bark SO good. I want some leftovers!!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Back for Seconds said...

This is really sweet, and funny - like you ;)
I just posted on my facebook page today that I have not yet tried any type of cookie butter! Can you believe it?? This bark may have convinced me it's time!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kiddo. This was very nice and the bark was pretty great too. And one of my favorite sayings used to be..."I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!!!" lol
Love you,
Mom :}

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

LOOOOOOVE. I kind of feel like I know your mom, because you mention her so much :) Which is a good thing, by the way.

One day Jordan will write a blog post called... "everything I learned about dessert blogging..."

 
At May 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could hit like a hundred times. What a cute post, Dorothy! Can't wait to try this recipe, thanks sweets!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM , Blogger Liz Snowden said...

What the heck is Biscoff? Sounds like I need to try it. Do they sell it anywhere other than trader Joe's? Sadly we don't have one.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 4:11 AM , Anonymous Tanya schroeder said...

Biscoff and white chocolate is the most perfect combo! Like the salt the pretzels add.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you are too funny! this is another one I know not of, this Biscoff or Cookie Butter. I'll have to see if it's at the store today as you've made so many treats with it. Besides I love a good white chocolate with pretty much anything!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 5:40 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

firstly, I will again complain that we here in canada don't have either of those spreads, it's not fair. Secondly, it sounds like you have a great mom! and thirdly this recipe makes me hungry, that is all:)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I've been trying to get a new jar of Biscoff to try it on saltine toffee for weeks - and here you go making it better than I had ever imagined (my imaginary version didn't have white chocolate - or pretzels!). Nice work!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I have yet to try biscoff-- i can't find it in the store and I'm pretty sure the calorie gods are protecting me from myself. I didn't know trader joe's had something similar, though!! This could be dangerous!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Awe what a super sweet post for your mom! I loved it!!! And biscoff, well, you know how much I love this stuff! This bark is truly amazing. Sweet and salty...best ever!!!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Mrsblocko said...

I think you've just improved on perfection. I love me some biscoff and saltine toffee and pretzels and white chocolate...but all together? Oh man. HEAVEN!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous Larissa said...

For everyone who has been looking for Biscoff Spread...my WalMart has it in the Peanut Butter section - smooth and crunchy! It is delicious!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Sometimes I think "Curse you people and your access to Biscoff". As soon as I get a chance to experiment (summer), I'm going to order some from Amazon. Saltines can make the best candy. Weird! My mom has a recipe for homemade Twix that uses Club crackers.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Erin said...

You're Mom sounds wonderful! And she taught you some very important thing. (I like the one about nothing being too sweet. TOTALLY true!)

The apron and towel arrived and they are AWESOME!!! I love them!!! My daughter, of course, quickly said "do I get it?" "Ummm... sorry sweetheart. This time, Mommy gets it." We'll have to see in future posts who ends up wearing it... I have a feeling she will win out. She always wins.

Your biscoff bark was amazing!!!! I don't even know what the heck biscoff is tho. I'm off to research. But cookie butter? I'm in!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Dip It In Chocolate said...

Mmmm See's candy! Santa puts See's suckers in my stocking every year. (He knows whats up.) Speculoos are to die for! So can you believe I haven't tried Biscoff spread yet?? Crazy. This looks fabulous. I can't imagine how good the spread is mixed with white chocolate. YUM! I am drooling looking at all your posts I've missed. Can't wait to check them all out ;)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I wish I could give you some. It all, um, *disappeared*. :)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Love you too, Happy Mother's Day. :) xo

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh gosh Karen, you must try it. I know they sell it at Walmart. Some of the chain groceries are getting it now too. It's SO good! :)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sue! I know, Canada really needs to get on those imports. Maybe I need to send you a goodie bag?

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I almost wish I'd never gotten it! It's too good. :) VERY dangerous!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you! I know, it's a party in your mouth. :)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

SO good! I have to rush past it on the shelf. :) I've also seen it at Safeway, if anyone is on the west coast.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You must try it! It's so good!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Kristin @ Treat. Eat. Repeat. said...

I don't know why, but I thought the way you wrote this post was so brilliant!!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Tracey @ The Kitchen Is My Playground said...

I could BATHE in Biscoff!!!! Love, love, love this bark. Pinning to me "Ode to Biscoff" board. Thanks for the inspiration! :-)
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

 
At May 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Myric said...

You just have awesome recipes! Come by at Passion Parade link party today and see your yummy avocado frosting featured!

xoxo
Myric

 
At May 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

I live such a sheltered life! LOL I have no idea what Biscoff or Cookie Butter is.. but it sounds DIVINE!!! Thanks for sharing! xoxo- Rachel

 
At May 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

Oh, and where would I find this cookie butter???

 
At May 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger mickeyrenee said...

This looks DIVINE! I have seen the cookie spreads while grocery shopping but haven't bought it yet....your post is going to have me making an extra trip to the store this week!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

So amazing!! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Anonymous sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

Dorothy- I think you made this just for me. I just bought a cookie butter jar and am brainstorming some new recipes with it. This looks AWESOME!!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This bark looks really good! I have never tried biscoff or cookie butter. Next time I am in the store I have to see if I can find either of them. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Aw, thanks. :)

 
At May 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sally! I hope you enjoy that jar. It'll go quicker than you think!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL, sorry about that. It's worth it though!! :)

 
At May 16, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Sue said...

Your toffee looks soooo good, Dorothy! I have some cookie butter (love that name!) in the pantry right now, and bought a jar for each of my kids:)

 
At May 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Six Sisters said...

This looks delicious!! Never used cookie butter, but so excited to find some! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! We are so happy that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" and we hope you see you back next week!! -The Sisters

 
At May 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Blogger amy and jesse hudson said...

Oh wow. Can I have some now, PLEASE???

Thank you for linking up with me last week at Drab to Fab!

http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/05/drab-to-fab-17.html

Come on back by and share more of what you have been doing :)

Have a great one!

Amy@Sugar and Spice

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home