12 January 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies


I love peanut butter cookies. I remember my mom making them for me as a child, squishing them down with a fork. I love them at Christmas, when you squish a Hershey's Kiss on top. This recipe is my favorite for peanut butter cookies. And they are so easy! There are only three ingredients: 1 egg, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of peanut butter.  When I first saw this recipe I didn't believe it could be true. No flour? No baking powder? But it's amazing - it really works. And it produces a very moist and delicious cookie. The peanut butter is a super star in these cookies - the flavor is very strong without all those other ingredients to cloud the taste. And you can mix them up a little; add mini chocolate chips before baking or dip in melted chocolate after they've cooled. As I am writing this I'm having an epiphany: make this chocolate frosting and put in the middle to make peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies! Um, well I think I need to go. I guess I'm not done in the kitchen...I think I need to go make some chocolate frosting...


Peanut Butter Cookies (The Easiest You've Ever Made)
Ingredients:
1 cup of peanut butter (do not use reduced fat)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg

Mix the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Use the back of a fork dipped in sugar or water to press the cookies in a criss-cross shape.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool and try not to eat them all at once. I'm serious. Be careful here.

Makes about 24 cookies.

Source: several places, including Parents magazine

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Jake and I are going to make these right now!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home