25 May 2012

Whatever Friday

Pin It

It's Friday, yay! Although I'm a little sad, because that means that Almond Joy Week is over.

But it's a three day weekend, woot!

How was your week? Long? Short? Busy? I'm jealous that so many of you are already out of school. We have until June 7th.

Lots of stuff happened this week..let's get started!

1. First and foremost, it was Almond Joy Week.

I tempted you with another awesome pudding cookie.


I gave you a rundown of the 10 pounds I'm going to gain when I got to Arizona next month.


And talked about my love of all things supercheap.


I have so many more Almond Joy ideas. I may have to do another themed week in a few months. :)



2. I redid a little of the design on my blog. It's still a work in progress. I want to thank Ashton for giving us those awesome tutorials and for giving me the designing bug.

3. I'm going to make these Cherry Beer Margaritas from Shugary Sweets on Sunday. Because, even though I hate beer, my mouth is totally watering thinking of them!

4. We went to the orthodontist this week. For the first of many, many visits. Turns out what I thought she needed was only a tiny part of what she actually has to have, in order to avoid surgery as an teen. It's really a post in itself, which I'll write when I'm still not feeling like the worst mother in the world for genetically giving her a horrible palate and allowing her to suck her thumb. Because if I write about it here now, it's just going to sound whiny. I'm still recovering from the shock.

5. And continuing the Jordan saga...she would kill me if she knew I was writing this but I want to know if any of you have dealt with it. Unbeknownst to me, she's been constipated since, I think, before spring break back in April. She'd been...going...fine, normal but four separate times now she wakes in the night and is sick. The doctor did an x-ray last week and that was when we realized what the problem was. Ever since then there has been a real issue, um,...dealing with the problem. It's on and off, and her tummy ache is still there. I thought it was better Tuesday...and then Wednesday night she was sick again. Anyone deal with this? Because the hypochondriac part of me is worrying that she's got a tumor.

6. Wednesday night I went to a food photography workshop given by the Sacramento Bee (the newspaper). I'm part of their blogger network (they run that toolbar at the bottom of my site). I learned a few good tips that I'll share soon, but one of the best parts of the night was when they brought in a box of cookbooks that had been sent to the paper. We each got to pick one and this is the one I chose:


Come to find out it's not even out yet! It's Lidsay's new cookbook, from Love and Olive Oil. I knew it sounded familiar, but what with the lateness of the evening and the fact that I was speeding to get home so I could try and win American Idol concert tickets, I didn't give it much thought until Instagram told me. BTW people, you may want to pre-order this book. It's totally awesome. There's things in there like cookie dough frosting and cookie dough pie. Amazing!!

7. Flashback Friday time! Of course, today's flashback is going to be Almond Joy related, how could it not be?


Homemade Almond Joys stacked on top of chocolate madeleines. These were awesome (and you can use brownies instead of the madeleines.) These are still one of my favorite recipes I've ever made.

Thanks for reading everyone. It's been a hard week, and it's good to be able to get it off my mind here. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Memorial Day!

((Hugs)),

Labels:

17 Comments:

At May 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What an awesome idea for a cook book! My hubby looooves cookie dough so this would be a great one for me to have. He was head over heals when I made him cookie dough truffles that I found on Pinterest. How would we go about preordering?

 
At May 25, 2012 at 4:13 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

happy long weekend!

 
At May 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

With all that Almond Joy goodness... I think I'm gonna have to pick me one up on my lunch hour! :) All those recipes look totally delicious! Hope you have a great weekend Dorothy! :)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

I WANT THAT COOKBOOK!! Now I'm totally bummed I didn't go (dammit!) but I am sure you'll share with me, right...?! RIGHT?!? Haha. And I loved Almond Joy week and ESPECIALLY loved the pudding cookies which I think about daily, and those frozen pies? Holy cow. I ate two, again, after fighting with my brother over one. He loved it and Dollar Tree almond cookies rock, fyi :)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Brenda said...

Almond Joy week over? I thought an intervention might need to take place (LOL) ... this is from a person that barely tolerates coconut and is married to a coconut lover. Of course I did enjoy this week and will use the recipes for my hubby and his coconut loving family!

 
At May 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous burgundy said...

Lucky you school is out on June 7th. My kids get out June 28th which seems so far away. i am so tired of getting up seven o'clock I don't know what to do.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I wish I could help with the Jordan problems. Kids are strange. Could it be diverticulitis??
I sucked my thumb til I was 10 (on and off) and braces were something I never needed. My brothers had them though, and I was grateful I didn't have to deal with it (and so were my parents!). Did you know that most kids who get braces these days end up having teeth pulled first?? Three of my students had legit oral surgery this year, pre-braces.
I can't wait to try that cherry beer margarita. Let me know how it goes!

 
At May 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what a super cute blog...will be reading often...so glad that I stopped by...

 
At May 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips said...

I just made Almond Joy Puppy Chow last night and it was AMAZING! Hoping to post it soon, and I'll be sure to share on Crazy Sweet Tuesday.

 
At May 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Baking Serendipity said...

So excited for that cookbook! And I love the blog design tips. Once my move is over, a redesign is definitely at the top of my to-do list. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Debra Kapellakis said...

That is an amazing collection! :P

 
At May 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Sue, I hope you had a good one!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks Hayley! Next time we hang out I'll bring the cookbook and you can drool over it. :)

 
At May 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

LOL! I think that might be needed. Thanks for reading!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I know the feeling! :)

 
At May 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thank you! Good luck with your move!

 
At June 2, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Ellen @ BakeItWithBooze said...

I really needed and wanted to go to that SacBee photography deal, but I was out of town. Free cookbooks? Wow, I'm even more impressed with their support of our blogs! And, if Jordan's needs a palette spreader, no worries mom. Been there, done that and it made a huge and important difference. Now, head gear and rubber bands, well that's a different story. Hang in there!

And, I learned something from you today, too...
Bake It With Booze

:)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home