18 August 2011

Frosting for the Cause



Frosting for the Cause


Today I'm not here. Today I'm over here, at Frosting for the Cause. Have you heard of this wonderful site? I came across it last spring and as soon as I saw it I knew I needed to join in to bake a difference.

Cancer touches all of our lives. Everyone I know knows someone who has been touched by cancer; either personally or in their family or family of friends. It's time that cancer becomes one of those diseases of the past; one for which you realize you have it and go get a shot and poof, it's gone.

I made Zucchini Bars and shared them with a local Breast Cancer Support Group. Click on over and read all about them. And then check out the Frosting for the Cause site. I can guarantee you will be inspired. I certainly was.


I know that making some yummy treats to brighten someone's day won't cure cancer. But it's something. And when you put a bunch of little somethings together, it can become something big. And maybe that "something big" will finally be a cure.

Thank you to Frosting for the Cause for all you've done over the past months and will continue to do. You are an inspiration.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am on my way to join you there!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

How 'sweet' of you!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Reading your comments is better than eating pie...and if you know me that's saying a lot. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home